Fortean Headlines

Sid

Devoted Cultist
As soon as you get on to this link, a notice appears saying..

Live Science....We value your privacy.

You can then click on a list of 'uses' they want you to accept; they are...

Information storage and access
Personalization
Ad selection, delivery, reporting
Content selection, delivery, reporting.
Measurement.

Yet they value your privacy ?

INT21.
No, 'INT21,' I didn't receive the same 'Live Science' privacy message either - at least not on this occasion... however, I have had the same privacy notice terms on other such sites, and I usually hunt for the elusive 'I do not except' "click link button" term when it's available. Many are not so good at giving the option however!

Min Bannister

Justified & Ancient
US woman dreams bad guys on a train want her engagement ring - swallows it.
Wakes up to missing ring...
Great story. I loved this line:-

Ms Evans, a San Diego resident, later had a procedure to remove the ring but said she was asked to sign release forms in case of her death.
"Then I cried a lot because I would be so mad if I died," she said.
:D

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
Woman bites camel balls in Grosse Tete.

"In wild encounter, woman bites testicles of Tiger Truck Stop camel to escape, officials say"

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_e046c5fc-dd5c-11e9-ba1e-8fc42923739b.html
------------------------------------------------------
GROSSE TETE — A Florida woman freed herself from a camel by biting its testicles at the Tiger Truck Stop in Grosse Tete last week after she crawled into the animal's pen to retrieve her dog and the camel sat on her, authorities said.

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Woman bites camel balls in Grosse Tete. ...
Update ... The woman was arguably provoking the camel by throwing her doggie's treats into its enclosure. Also, the authorities have responded wisely in attending to the camel's own medical risks from the incident ...
Truck stop camel prescribed antibiotics after woman bites it

A veterinarian has prescribed antibiotics to a camel owned by a Louisiana truck stop petting zoo after a woman bit the 600-pound (272-kilogram) animal to free herself from under its weight.

Iberville Parish Sheriff’s Office documents obtained by The Advocate on Monday accuse Florida couple Gloria and Edmond Lancaster of throwing treats for their unleashed dog into Caspar the camel’s enclosure at Tiger Truck Stop. The couple told deputies the camel attacked the dog, but the sheriff’s office said the couple had provoked the animal before it sat on Gloria Lancaster. She’d crawled under barbed wire to retrieve her pet.

Gloria Lancaster told officers she had to bite the camel to free herself.

Truck stop manager Pamela Bossier said a veterinarian prescribed Caspar antibiotics as a precaution.
SOURCE: https://www.apnews.com/87582598c36e43b59be0bbdb7f3fb78f

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
Who here haven't had a burning passion in their loins for Jason Donovan? The neighbour just got lucky.

brownmane

off kilter

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
As far as I know, this disease has also been found in Canada, though I'm not sure what areas.

There is a concern that it may cross species to humans as mad cow/Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease did.
“An EU study determined that "87% of cases [of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease] were sporadic, 8% genetic, 5% iatrogenic and less than 1% variant."

It is thought that humans can contract the disease by consuming material from animals infected with the bovine form of the disease.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt–Jakob_disease

maximus otter