Fortean Headlines

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Mum horrified after noticing inflatable toy dinosaur appears to have genitals

The woman, who was setting up decorations for her son's birthday party, couldn't help but laugh when she noticed the odd placement of the 'blow-up' nozzle on the dinosaur inflatable she bought from Kmart. ...

The 'blow up' tube had been placed in-between the dinosaur's legs, which, the mum thought looked pretty questionable to say the least. ...

FULL STORY (With Photo): https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/mum-left-horrified-after-noticing-22567987

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Heart of first mayor of Belgian village discovered in fountain:

https://www.verviers.be/loisirs/cul...ante-decouverte-au-coeur-de-la-fontaine-david

During the dismantling and renovation work of the David fountain (Place Verte), an astonishing discovery was made. indeed, a hollowed-out stone contained a box containing the heart of Pierre David, 1st Mayor of Verviers of independent Belgium. For this occasion and in record time, the museum team mounted an exhibition around David and the construction of the fountain. In particular, you will be able to come and see this box containing the heart of our first Bourgmestre but also documents from the municipal archives or museum collections.

https://www.nu.nl/opmerkelijk/60746...eester-belgisch-dorp-gevonden-in-fontein.html

The heart was in a jar of alcohol in a small chest and was found during renovations at the fountain. "This heart of Pierre David was solemnly placed in the monument on June 25, 1883," is engraved on the chest.

The mayor, Pierre David, died in 1839, but the fountain was not opened until 1883.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
A floating pub, you say?.........
Hmmm......we have a large lake near here.....<thinks>

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
"A Floating Pub?" Is that one which actually makes money?
Actually, that does sound like a business model with potential. With all the bricks and mortar pubs dying, a floating pub might just work.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Well, this headline (no pun intended) really does sum up the story quite neatly...

Grandad’s severed head mailed to family in mayonnaise box after he went missing
A woman was outraged when she received her missing grandfather’s head in a box of mayonnaise.

Veronica Sosa said the remains were sent by police after they were found in a rubbish dump.
The human head, which was little more than a skull, was originally believed to belong to a missing 40-year-old local woman in the city of General Roca in the Rio Negro province in central Argentina.
But a forensic examination revealed it was the skull of a man, and it was later identified as belonging to local Luis Sosa, in his late 70s, who went missing from his home on January 10 last year.
His family were reportedly told they could not have his remains until the investigation was concluded.
Ms Sosa said the fact only the head had been found indicated foul play but the family had received no details of any investigation from prosecutors.
Instead, they suddenly got the Hellman’s mayonnaise box.
https://www.news.com.au/world/south...g/news-story/77dba39155c4c3dbc5160879c708ad64

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score

madmath

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
There's a classic woodblock of... oh right, sorry, that was rather a fisherman's wife. :walkd:

Octopi only live a few years, perhaps 2-3, and are generally solitary animals. It is curious how one could become apparently friendly with a prey animal. Perhaps it learned this large, pink-and-black creature scared away the predators when it came to visit.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
This happened back in January, but it was 2020, so nothing comes as a surprise:

K-9 bites cow, SC deputy tases K-9, cow kicks deputy
cow.jpg

GEORGETOWN, S.C. (WCBD) – A deputy in Georgetown County was forced to use a taser on his own K-9 on Wednesday afternoon.

According to the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office, a deputy responded to the scene of a reported burglary around 4:00 p.m.

A cow near the scene distracted the dog which led to the dog biting the cow.

To deescalate the situation, the deputy tased the dog.

The cow was spooked and “struck the deputy and the property owner,” resulting in minor injuries, according to GCSO.

The sheriff’s office said that the burglary call “proved to be unfounded.”
https://www.wspa.com/news/state-news/k-9-bites-cow-sc-deputy-tases-k-9-cow-kicks-deputy/

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score

kamalktk

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Last edited:

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
This happened back in January, but it was 2020, so nothing comes as a surprise:

K-9 bites cow, SC deputy tases K-9, cow kicks deputy
View attachment 29775

https://www.wspa.com/news/state-news/k-9-bites-cow-sc-deputy-tases-k-9-cow-kicks-deputy/
Funny title. Reminds me of the children's rhyme The House That Jack Built - the cow that kicked the dog, that worried the cat, that killed the rat, that ate the something something - I can't remember the whole thing.

I wonder if the dog will be retired now. The deputy clearly lost control of the dog and he used a taser on it. The dog will never trust him again.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
More likely someone making jokey modern art bobbins IMO ..
It's pretty lame for 'modern art' - but sure, I have seen 'art' that is more lame than that.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I thought it looked like a plastic fork.
But it really must be something since Dave was there. Lol

Sid

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Last edited: