Fortean Headlines

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Wrong Dion! And don't start with songs by Dionne Warwick either. I'm not having it.
You'll never get to heaven if you do that.
But i'll say a little prayer for you.
So make it easy on yourself and walk on by.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Well, in the event of an alien getting stroppy, I think I'd rather send the SAS than the local council 'street warden' TBH.

Trevp666

Reaction score
I was going to make some kind of gag about the catering corps having 'rocket' but I couldn't get the various bits of the joke to come together in a usable way.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Found on Reddit. Not particularly Fortean but made me laugh. Perhaps a sign of these modern times...

‘Your C*** is Mine Now’ – Hacker Takes Over Internet-Connected Chastity Cages, Demands Ransom
Even for a hardcore BDSM fan, this is one nightmare you don’t want to experience.

Being the victim of blackmail is a harrowing experience. Having to pay someone to keep your secrets secret can not only drain you financially, but also have a significant negative mental impact.

But toward the end of last year, one hacker took the concept of blackmail to a whole new level. They really had their victims by the ‘nads – literally.

Let’s start by introducing you to a delightful little device called the Cell Mate. It’s a Bluetooth-enabled male chastity cage.

How it works is, well… You put it around your dingdong. Then, due to its Bluetooth capability, your partner (or whoever you gave the access code to) can lock it in place remotely with a smartphone app.

Chastity cages are relatively popular toys in the BDSM community. And as far as these things go, Cell Mate seems to be a state-of-the-art product – the manufacturer’s website says it’s waterproof for bathing, has smooth edges for less chafing, and can be locked or opened from anywhere in the world.
https://www.oddee.com/your-c-is-min...onnected-chastity-cages-demands-ransom-56402/

Mikefule

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
You'd think that the mere act of struggling would convince most people.
Hmm. I'm reminded of "Mr Desiato is spending a year dead for tax reasons." (Douglas Adams, Hitch Hiker's Guide series)

I've spent a lot of my life dealing with claims, allegations, and litigation, disputes between employees and employers, and with small business owners. Almost every small business owner is a self-professed lawyer and master tactician. They seem able to imagine legal rights on the spur of the moment and then consider those rights to be inalienable and indisputable

It would not surprise me if it were to come to light that she had found it convenient not to challenge being declared as deceased at the time, assuming wrongly that it would be easy to overturn. It would not surprise me to find that the legal system suspects this and is playing Dickie Daft.