Fortean Headlines

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score

kamalktk

Antediluvian
Reaction score
In Israel, mayonnaise provides miracle for endangered turtles

https://wjactv.com/news/offbeat/in-israel-mayonnaise-provides-miracle-for-endangered-turtles

"Employees at Israel's National Sea Turtle Rescue Center are treating endangered green sea turtles affected by a devastating oil spill that has coated Israel's coast with thick black tar.
"They came to us full of tar. All their trachea from inside and outside was full of tar," he said.

Workers have been removing the toxic substance from the reptiles' airways and found a creative way to flush it out of their digestive tracks.

"We continue to feed them substances like mayonnaise, which practically clean the system and break down the tar," Ivgy said. The recovery process is expected to take a week or two, after which the turtles are expected to be released back into the wild."

Sharon Hill

Complicated biological machine
Reaction score
In Israel, mayonnaise provides miracle for endangered turtles

https://wjactv.com/news/offbeat/in-israel-mayonnaise-provides-miracle-for-endangered-turtles

"Employees at Israel's National Sea Turtle Rescue Center are treating endangered green sea turtles affected by a devastating oil spill that has coated Israel's coast with thick black tar.
"They came to us full of tar. All their trachea from inside and outside was full of tar," he said.

Workers have been removing the toxic substance from the reptiles' airways and found a creative way to flush it out of their digestive tracks.
More evidence that this is the world's greatest sauce.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
They take the abuse of kids quite seriously...

Police: Alabama woman face felony charge after stealing neighbor’s goat and painting it

BALDWIN COUNTY, AL (CNN) — A Gulf Shores woman was arrested on an animal cruelty charge after officials say she took her neighbors’ goat and painted it without permission.

Erica Marie Farmer, 34, was arrested for the crime. Farmer also faces a theft of property 2nd charge. According to officials, the theft of any livestock in the state of Alabama falls under the felony guideline.

Farmer’s bond was set at $6,000.
https://wsvn.com/news/us-world/poli...ealing-neighbors-goat-and-painting-it/?FBWSVN

Last edited by a moderator:

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
Reaction score
They take the abuse of kids quite seriously...

Police: Alabama woman face felony charge after stealing neighbor’s goat and painting it
BALDWIN COUNTY, AL (CNN) — A Gulf Shores woman was arrested on an animal cruelty charge after officials say she took her neighbors’ goat and painted it without permission.

Erica Marie Farmer, 34, was arrested for the crime. Farmer also faces a theft of property 2nd charge. According to officials, the theft of any livestock in the state of Alabama falls under the felony guideline.
I was going to ask if she'd gotten permission, would it have only been a misdemeanor, and then I saw that the felony charge was for stealing livestock. Then I noticed her last name . . .

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score
'Hovering ship' spotted off Cornwall
Link - BBC News article
20210306_145948.jpg

Images of what appears to be a hovering ship have been captured as the result of a rare optical illusion off the coast of England.

David Morris took a photo of the ship near Falmouth, Cornwall.

BBC meteorologist David Braine said the "superior mirage" occurred because of "special atmospheric conditions that bend light".

He said the illusion is common in the Arctic, but can appear "very rarely" in the UK during winter.
Must admit if I'd seen it I wouldn't have known what to think.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I'm not saying anything about this...

Shoppers claim Kmart’s $9 Slouchy Comfort Pants ‘look like a vagina’
The discount supermarket has released a pair of pink trackies that some shoppers claim look like female genitalia, dubbing them “vagina pants”.

A pair of pink track pants have caught shoppers’ attention for all the wrong reasons after the baggy crotch area was described as resembling female genitalia.

A photo of Kmart’s “Slouchy Comfort Pants” were shared to the Kmart Hacks & Decor Facebook page along with the caption: “Marketing fail.”
The loungewear item features a baggy crotch area for comfort, causing excess fabric to ruffle and fold in the area.
While the original poster didn’t explicitly explain why the design of the pants featured a faux pas, it didn’t take long for comments to pour in, many dubbing the garment as “vagina pants”.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/f...a/news-story/7f0c65598f8995e9ce48a5e8dcd74fe1