• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

Fortean Headlines

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Italian hospital employee accused of skipping work for 15 years
Civil servant gets reassigned to work at a hospital. Just stops turning up. No one notices for 15 years. He gets paid £464,000 before anyone notices.

Full story:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56822571
I worked with someone like that, the only difference was that he did turn up but nobody knew what he did. He just wandered around carrying a clipboard. When he was retiring someone said to him "What exactly do you do?"
He replied, "I'm an administrator."
"What do you administrate?"
"I don't know."

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Considering what a terrible programme idea it is, I think your initial reaction is probably closer to the truth.
In fact they should replace it with a show called "Who gives a crap?" - A history of Britain's sewage systems hosted by....er....I dunno...let's go with Danny Dyer.
I bet it'd do better in the ratings.
My mum and all her arts and crafts friends love this show. I will pass your comment on to them and they WILL find you.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Considering what a terrible programme idea it is, I think your initial reaction is probably closer to the truth.
In fact they should replace it with a show called "Who gives a crap?" - A history of Britain's sewage systems hosted by....er....I dunno...let's go with Danny Dyer.
I bet it'd do better in the ratings.
I wonder if that show is produced by Peter Bazalgette, whose ancestor is famous for his sewers?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Must be a hell of a contract the TV company has him under if he couldn't just walk out. Was he under armed guard or something? Anything for ratings, including imprisonment?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Must be a hell of a contract the TV company has him under if he couldn't just walk out. Was he under armed guard or something? Anything for ratings, including imprisonment?
This is China we're talking about.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
‘WW2 bomb’ found in Bavarian forest was sex toy, say officials

Police bomb squad confirms discovery near Passau as rubber sex toy in shape of hand grenade...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-in-bavarian-forest-was-sex-toy-say-officials
The nitwit who found and reported it needs to go to Specsavers:

The condoms and lubricant in the bag helped point to the device’s intended use...”

- unless the war on the Eastern Front was very different from what we imagine.

maximus otter

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Were WW2 bombs made in the same shape as a large schlong then?

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Or if your name is SC2500K