• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

LOL - And to think the only things our Daisy Mae brought home were baby birds, which she promptly parked under our bed, and even stuck a dead one in my shoe! Oh I forgot - when she was young she insisted on catching as many cicadas as possible and running into the kitchen with them....... she would get so mad when my husband took them back out into the yard.

Tennessee man strangles neighbor’s pet kangaroo, Carter, to death after it attacked his wife

A Tennessee man strangled to death his neighbor’s pet kangaroo after he attacked the man’s wife as they tried to lure the roaming animal back to his enclosure.

24-kangaroo-boxing-german-a1-1890s-01-9.jpg

The shocking incident occurred at the Fern Valley Road property owned by Hope and Chris Lea in the city of White House, about 20 miles north of Nashville, on Wednesday.

Authorities responded to the home around 5 pm after reports of two people ‘who had been in a battle with a male kangaroo’ named Carter, according to Sumner County Sheriff Tim Bailey.

Carter’s owners came home to find their other kangaroos milling around the dead animal, they told local news station WKRN.

‘He didn’t have nowhere to go,’ Hope said. ‘He was choked to death in his own space.’

Tennessee law allows people to own kangaroos, with males costing around $2,000 and females going for $3,000.

https://www.tech-gate.org/usa/2021/...er-to-death-after-it-attacked-his-wife/?amp=1

maximus otter

Last edited by a moderator:

Trans Paedophile Who Identifies as 5-Year-Old Girl Attends Court Dressed as an Elf

A transgender paedophile who identifies as a 5-year-old girl has attended court dressed as an elf following a breach of his sexual harm order.

Thumb-sucking-pedophile-who-identifies-as-a-five-year-old-girl-comes-to.jpg

Janiel Verainer, 60, of High Street, Chatham, arrived at Maidstone Crown Court court in a green and red outfit with a festive cardigan and an elf-styled Christmas hat and bells. Verainer was summoned to court following a breach of a sexual harm order imposed in 2016.

In 2016, the convicted paedophile claimed to identify as a five-year-old girl called Jorven Seren, asked to be referred to as “she” throughout the trial, and was reprimanded by Judge Adele Williams for sitting in the dock while holding a large doll.

For this latest offence, Verainer has previously attended a hearing sucking a dummy and wearing pigtails, again asking to be referred to as “she” and wearing the elf costume.

At Canterbury Crown Court in 2016 trial psychiatrists concluded that Verainer had personality problems but no mental health issues.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...ear-old-girl-attends-court-dressed-as-an-elf/

maximus otter

Trans Paedophile Who Identifies as 5-Year-Old Girl Attends Court Dressed as an Elf

A transgender paedophile who identifies as a 5-year-old girl has attended court dressed as an elf following a breach of his sexual harm order.

Thumb-sucking-pedophile-who-identifies-as-a-five-year-old-girl-comes-to.jpg

Janiel Verainer, 60, of High Street, Chatham, arrived at Maidstone Crown Court court in a green and red outfit with a festive cardigan and an elf-styled Christmas hat and bells. Verainer was summoned to court following a breach of a sexual harm order imposed in 2016.

In 2016, the convicted paedophile claimed to identify as a five-year-old girl called Jorven Seren, asked to be referred to as “she” throughout the trial, and was reprimanded by Judge Adele Williams for sitting in the dock while holding a large doll.

For this latest offence, Verainer has previously attended a hearing sucking a dummy and wearing pigtails, again asking to be referred to as “she” and wearing the elf costume.

At Canterbury Crown Court in 2016 trial psychiatrists concluded that Verainer had personality problems but no mental health issues.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...ear-old-girl-attends-court-dressed-as-an-elf/

maximus otter
Can you have personality problems and your mental health be fine? They seem connected to me.

Twitter cleaning ... It seems this is legit ...

1640637621236.png

It seems that the Alexa AI misunderstood this article:

https://ourcommunitynow.com/news-na...tlet-challenge-has-kids-doing-the-unthinkable

Forget Tide pods and ice water; the latest TikTok craze is the "outlet challenge." Yes, it's as stupid as it sounds.
The challenge is simple: plug in a phone charger about halfway into a wall outlet, then touch a penny to the exposed prongs. The resulting sparks are supposed to be cool enough to win you instant internet fame.

Twitter cleaning ... It seems this is legit ...

View attachment 49908

It seems that the Alexa AI misunderstood this article:

https://ourcommunitynow.com/news-na...tlet-challenge-has-kids-doing-the-unthinkable

Forget Tide pods and ice water; the latest TikTok craze is the "outlet challenge." Yes, it's as stupid as it sounds.
The challenge is simple: plug in a phone charger about halfway into a wall outlet, then touch a penny to the exposed prongs. The resulting sparks are supposed to be cool enough to win you instant internet fame.
:rolleyes:
We should be ok in Canada...we don't have pennies lol

I still have a few old pennies lying around. H'mmm . . . .

Maybe not; I have a better use for them. Drill holes in them and use them for washers; an actual hardware-store washer of that size costs about 5 cents, so it makes economic sense if nothing else.

British plugs 3 prong design means that there are no exposed 'live' prongs, so that wouldn't be an issue here.
One prong is longer than the other 2, and that one inserts first which moves a 'shield' away from the holes for the other 2 prongs.
As explained by the excellent Tom Scott here;

British plugs 3 prong design means that there are no exposed 'live' prongs, so that wouldn't be an issue here.
One prong is longer than the other 2, and that one inserts first which moves a 'shield' away from the holes for the other 2 prongs.
As explained by the excellent Tom Scott here;
I was always amazed in days gone by when I read that electrical devices in Britain were sold without pre-wired plugs. What was the reasoning for that? Were there different types of sockets in different homes?

I was always amazed in days gone by when I read that electrical devices in Britain were sold without pre-wired plugs. What was the reasoning for that? Were there different types of sockets in different homes?
I think it was them being cheap. They used to have round pins but changed around mid century (I think) to the rectangular ones we have now.

In the UK we did have different standard plugs with round pins ages ago.
You can still find examples of these in some older houses.
I believe the 'shaver plug' that we still use is the same - it was often fitted into a bathroom cabinet/light/shaver plug combination, which was up on the wall and away from the water - the fact that the cord to the shaver is a curly one gave it some springiness so that if you were to drop the shaver there was a good chance that the plug would pull out of the socket, thus having a better chance of not causing electrification in the water.
I think that a lot of electrical goods were not standardised across the EU or indeed, globally, until fairly recently, not just for plugs but for voltage etc, so they would be shipped without plugs so that each country could fit the one that they used, or indeed (as I found out when I worked for a UK electrical equipment supplier) sometimes shipped without certain power unit gubbins inside, so that each item had to be unpacked, reworked to include the right stuff, and repacked for sale.

How’s this for a Del boy’s frankenplug I got on something? I was not amused.

Attachments

• FFD450A6-DA19-47C6-8A15-C6963E361271.jpeg
    FFD450A6-DA19-47C6-8A15-C6963E361271.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 26
That's perfectly legit presuming the appliance is double insulated (got a logo on the back of a square within a square ⧈ or is marked Class II or double insulated) such as a little kitchen radio or something, which doesn't need to be earthed.

Presumably you've got a grey import there.

Last edited:
I've come across one of those before. It's actually quite clever and is fine (although minus an earth wire, it is very well insulated).

I believe the 'shaver plug' that we still use is the same - it was often fitted into a bathroom cabinet/light/shaver plug combination, which was up on the wall and away from the water - the fact that the cord to the shaver is a curly one gave it some springiness so that if you were to drop the shaver there was a good chance that the plug would pull out of the socket, thus having a better chance of not causing electrification in the water.
I think that a lot of electrical goods were not standardised across the EU or indeed, globally, until fairly recently, not just for plugs but for voltage etc, so they would be shipped without plugs so that each country could fit the one that they used, or indeed (as I found out when I worked for a UK electrical equipment supplier) sometimes shipped without certain power unit gubbins inside, so that each item had to be unpacked, reworked to include the right stuff, and repacked for sale.

Yeah, there were some really weird ones back in the day.

The BS 4573 shaver plug is deliberately different to the Europlug Type C and won't fit a continental socket. It's only meant for shavers and toothbrushes. For safety reasons a UK shaver socket contains an isolation transformer and certain mechanical and electrical characteristics to protect against shock in wet areas.

That's perfectly legit presuming the appliance is double insulated (got a logo on the back of a square within a square ⧈ or is marked Class II or double insulated) such as a little kitchen radio or something, which doesn't need to be earthed.

Presumably you've got a grey import there.
It was rather a rather expensive item from a well known brand from a well known retailer. So I expected a proper plug. It’s big to plug in and work with other plugs.

I thought that in the past the shaver socket in the bathroom was only 12v DC and that electric shavers were also 12v DC. I could be wrong of course.

Yeah, there were some really weird ones back in the day.

The BS 4573 shaver plug is deliberately different to the Europlug Type C and won't fit a continental socket. It's only meant for shavers and toothbrushes. For safety reasons a UK shaver socket contains an isolation transformer and certain mechanical and electrical characteristics to protect against shock in wet areas.
There's one of those in the gents at my office.

I've worked there for over 10 years and I don't recall ever working a shift so long that I needed to have a shave during it.

I thought that in the past the shaver socket in the bathroom was only 12v DC and that electric shavers were also 12v DC. I could be wrong of course.
Dunno. Hard to get 12v DC from a standard UK electrical outlet running at 220/240v.
I still remember seeing shavers being used in light fittings with an adapter.
The plug that I use to charge my electric shaver stopped working properly (the 2 pin plug just kept slipping out) so I took the plug apart to see what was up with it - inside they are literally just a 'U' shaped bit of metal on the end of the prong that comes in from the socket. So I bent that back into shape for a tight fit and 'Bobs your uncle'. There was no other gubbins in the plug to step the voltage down.

Dunno. Hard to get 12v DC from a standard UK electrical outlet running at 220/240v.
I still remember seeing shavers being used in light fittings with an adapter.
The plug that I use to charge my electric shaver stopped working properly (the 2 pin plug just kept slipping out) so I took the plug apart to see what was up with it - inside they are literally just a 'U' shaped bit of metal on the end of the prong that comes in from the socket. So I bent that back into shape for a tight fit and 'Bobs your uncle'. There was no other gubbins in the plug to step the voltage down.
I think the shaver itself has its own step-down transformer.

As usual in Britain, we have to be awkward. At one time all wiring was red (live), black (neutral) and yellow/green (earth), or often just a bare wire for earth.
Then at some point I think 1970s, it was decided that to standardise it with Europe, we'd start using brown (L), blue (N) and yellow/green (E). But we only did this for portable items; tv's, hair dryers, fridges, lamps etc. Anything that had to be plugged in. The wiring for the actual sockets stayed red/black/yellow & green.

Then around 2006 it was decided that we would, finally, be totally compatible by having everything brown/blue/ yellow & green- for portable items and sockets in any house built after that time.
Of course, the old system will still be with us for many, many years to come.

You're kind of both right and wrong. Shavers are typically 220V or 110V, although newer ones have a step-down thing in the mains plug that drops it down to SELV.

Stolen property, income from illegal activities must be reported on taxes, IRS says

Income made through criminal activity must be reported on your taxes, according to the Internal Revenue Service.

The IRS said individuals who earned a profit from illegal activities, such as drug dealing or bribes, must include it in their 2021 filings. It is to be included in Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 8z, or on Schedule C (Form 1040) if from a self-employment activity.

Additionally, thieves must report the value of the property they stole.

iu

"If you steal property, you must report its fair market value in your income in the year you steal it unless you return it to its rightful owner in the same year," the IRS said.

The office didn’t offer details on how it would enforce this policy...

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/s...activities-must-be-reported-on-taxes-irs-says

maximus otter

Back