• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

Capricorns need not apply: is it legal to pick a roommate by astrological sign?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/apr/22/roommate-astrology-zodiac-discrimination

-------------------------------------------------------
Is choosing a roommate based on their astrological sign simply a preference, or illegal discrimination? It may depend on where you live.

This week, a post sharing the response to a housing inquiry went viral when the applicant was turned down for their zodiac sign of Capricorn.

Capricorns need not apply: is it legal to pick a roommate by astrological sign?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/apr/22/roommate-astrology-zodiac-discrimination

-------------------------------------------------------
Is choosing a roommate based on their astrological sign simply a preference, or illegal discrimination? It may depend on where you live.

This week, a post sharing the response to a housing inquiry went viral when the applicant was turned down for their zodiac sign of Capricorn.

Capricorns are a minority. They only make up about 1/12 of the population.

Capricorns are a minority. They only make up about 1/12 of the population.

December 22January 20: pretty light on births over that period--I suspect it's signifcantly less that 1/12.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 03.10.31.png

Source:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula.../articles/howpopularisyourbirthday/2015-12-18

Reactions: Ger
Sorry it was cause of your name my bad :p

What about the voice of Geddy Lee
How did it get so high?
I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy?
(I know him and he does)

You have to share a place with a stranger, you should be able to stipulate whatever terms you like

Sure, it's only polite to let them know what sort of nutter they had a lucky escape from. I'm agreeing with you Shady, but discrimination based on something as arbitrary as Star Signs I'm sure is a something bad ending in "ist". My friend on Facebook posted that she wouldn't date anyone with the same Star Sign as her Ex (and most of her female friends agreed with her).
I then realised that I knew six Aquarian females at Work (University Techs) but I don't know any other Aquarian male - there should be different horoscopes for male and females, we're not the same at all.

I recommend the episode of 'The Orville'...."All the world is a birthday cake" (Season 2 Episode 5).
The Orville detects a signal from Regor 2, a planet searching for other intelligent life in the universe, and initiates first contact. The Regorians welcome Ed, Kelly, Claire, Bortus, and new Xeleyan security chief, Talla Keyali. However, when it is learned that both Kelly and Bortus have birthdays in a few days, the Regorians denounce them as "Giliacs," people who are predisposed to violence. They are immediately sent to a Giliac internment camp. Kelly assists a Giliac give birth to a non-Giliac infant that is later removed from the camp. Claire deduces that Regorian culture is based around astrology; Giliac is an astrological sign and all born under it are considered violent criminals. Talla correctly hypothesizes the origin of the Giliac stigma: a star in the Giliac constellation collapsed into a black holemillennia earlier and the star's disappearance was interpreted as a bad omen. John deploys a solar reflector that appears as the star when viewed from the planet. With the star's apparent resurgence, Giliacs are no longer considered inherently dangerous, and Kelly and Bortus are released before their scheduled execution.

There then ^ solves the problem maybe

It is a daft thing, i dont believe in horoscopes, I am a Virgo, and you should see the state of my place sometimes lol

As if the placement of planets and other heavenly bodies etc could possibly have even the slightest bearing on ones daily life, what a load of nonsense. I mean, it's about as scientific as chiromancy, feng-shui, crystal healing and homeopathy !
But then that's us Taureans, naturally cynical.......

Back