• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

Who here haven't had a burning passion in their loins for Jason Donovan? The neighbour just got lucky.

He did make a very good Frank N Furter in Rocky Horror, and one of his song lines is "A hot groin"...

As far as I know, this disease has also been found in Canada, though I'm not sure what areas.

There is a concern that it may cross species to humans as mad cow/Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease did.

“An EU study determined that "87% of cases [of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease] were sporadic, 8% genetic, 5% iatrogenic and less than 1% variant."

It is thought that humans can contract the disease by consuming material from animals infected with the bovine form of the disease.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt–Jakob_disease

maximus otter

But I can't see Nigel .........

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...-how-many-worcestershire-farage-a9126046.html
anigel.jpg

Now everybody knows who she is. No career as a Ninja assassin for her.

Not very ninja - she wrote “Heat the paper” on her essay.

Imagine her on the job: “Psst, Tokugawa, I’m over here. Open this wardrobe then look the other way...”

maximus otter

Scientists taught rats to drive little rat-sized cars.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/23/us/rats-drive-tiny-cars-trnd/index.html

-----------------------------------------------------
Rats have learned how to drive and steer their own tiny cars in exchange for Froot Loops.
That's a feat on its own.
But the real discovery in the study -- and its wider implications for human mental health treatment -- was found in their poop, per new findings published in Behavioural Brain Research.

Dogs in tutus delay Norwegian Air flight.

There is a lot that is strange about this story.
A number of emotional support dogs were travelling in passengers' hand luggage on a Norwegian Air flight destined for Austin, Texas.

The Boeing 787 had been due to depart at 11:00 BST but was delayed by an hour and a half.

A spokesman for Norwegian Air said the captain decided to offload the "distressed" dogs and their owners.

Norwegian Air said emotional support dogs, for people with mental or emotional disability, are allowed on direct flights to and from the US, excluding flights to the UK.
:oops:

"I Own a Haunted Pub" - Guardian (UK) - Life & Style - 25th October 2019

On half a dozen occasions, guests have had strange marks appear around their necks

In 2005, when my wife Sharon and I saw the Skirrid Inn in Monmouthshire was looking for new owners, we didn’t think twice. We had been running a pub in Hertfordshire and looking for an opportunity to return to our Welsh roots; the Skirrid offered that. With its reputation for paranormal activity, it couldn’t have been more different from the beautiful thatched pub we were leaving; but I love places full of history and intrigue. I enjoy horror films, too.

Full article here

Back