• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

I couldn't find this posted anywhere else on here. Probably a perfectly natural explanation for it, but...

Gigantic mystery 'skeleton' found washed up on beach by Storm Ciara baffling locals - via The Mirror (but has also appeared in the Scotsman, Sun and RT.

View attachment 23236

"A gigantic 'skeleton' was found washed up on a Scottish beach during Storm Ciara.

And locals near Aberdeen have speculated that it could be the remains of the mythical Loch Ness Monster - despite the notorious body of water being roughly 120 miles away.

The photos of the rotting carcass were posted online by Aberdeen-based community Facebook page Fubar News - hours after Storm Ciara battered Britain with 90mph winds.

Fubar News posted: "Came across this weird creature today near Aberdeen. Any ideas what it could be?"

Possible suggestions of the identity of the mysterious North sea creature were put forward - with folk saying it was a whale, orca or dolphin.

However one Facebook user said the remains actual pre-date the storm.

Lyn Crawford said: "We saw this at Blackdog I think. It was rotting when we came across it in December."

But some users joked the carcass could be the remains of Scotland's very own Loch Ness Monster.

Meg Plummer wrote: "Oh me it’s Nessie the Loch Ness monster."

But Emma –Louise Bolland disagreed that the nation's favourite folklore monster, adding: "Nessie could not adapt to salt water."

Dex Stewart meanwhile joked: "Yep it’s a very very rarely seen deep sea Haggis."

Matthew Cook was convinced it dated back to the pre-historic age, writing: "At first glance I thought a brontosaurus but looking at the vertebrae in the skeletal structure I’m swayed towards a diplodocus/triceratops."

It is not the first time people have speculated over Nessie – who was first “spotted” back in 565 AD.

Loch Ness’s native monster was mentioned in the biography of Irish monk St Columba mentions a giant "water beast" dragging a man to his death."
Most likely a Minke Whale. I was going to go and have a look but couldn’t find a description of where exactly it is other than an Aberdeen beach, and also some people were saying it had been removed.

Most likely a Minke Whale. I was going to go and have a look but couldn’t find a description of where exactly it is other than an Aberdeen beach, and also some people were saying it had been removed.

This was reported earlier in the week. There's every chance that it will have been by now. I would imagine a whale of that size being most likely.

spacecth.jpg

Or anointed by an overenthusiastic and clumsy preacher?

"Through donations, Pearce and Johnny Taylor, the other leader of His Name is Flowing Oil, have made a full-time job of traveling the country with the Bible, . . ."
Oh! I wish I had a son so I could name him Flowing Oil.

Austin man arrested for DWI, admits to smoking embalming fluid

The driver of the car, Richard Nunez, was showing signs of intoxication, acting disoriented and distracted when communicating with officers. The officers started the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests and concluded that Nunez was intoxicated.

According to court documents, officers searched Nunez's vehicle and found a wet cigarette with a strong chemical odor. Police determined that the suspect was under the influence of a "Dissociative Anesthetic" and could not operate a vehicle safely.

Nunez later admitted in jail that he had used a cigarette to smoke embalming fluid. The cigarette was submitted for lab testing and came back positive for Phencyclidine.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-man-arrested-for-dwi-admits-to-smoking-embalming-fluid

maximus otter

Austin man arrested for DWI, admits to smoking embalming fluid

The driver of the car, Richard Nunez, was showing signs of intoxication, acting disoriented and distracted when communicating with officers. The officers started the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests and concluded that Nunez was intoxicated.

According to court documents, officers searched Nunez's vehicle and found a wet cigarette with a strong chemical odor. Police determined that the suspect was under the influence of a "Dissociative Anesthetic" and could not operate a vehicle safely.

Nunez later admitted in jail that he had used a cigarette to smoke embalming fluid. The cigarette was submitted for lab testing and came back positive for Phencyclidine.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-man-arrested-for-dwi-admits-to-smoking-embalming-fluid

maximus otter
Isn't embalming fluid carcinogenic?

I'm surfing from site to site earlier this evening when I came across this oddity from 2015.

London zoo monkey-keeper and meerkat-keeper 'fought over llama-keeper'

A London zoo love triangle between keepers of meerkats, monkeys and llamas led to bloody fight at a Christmas party, a court has heard.
Caroline Westlake, who worked in the meerkat enclosure, was convicted on Friday of assault by beating after glassing her colleague, Kate Sanders, in the face.
Sanders, who cared for the attraction’s monkeys, and Westlake came to blows in the zoo’s Prince Albert Suite after a row over llama-keeper Adam Davies, who dated Sanders for five years but after they split started a relationship with Westlake.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...t-llama-keeper-caroline-westlake-kate-sanders

This one inspired a host of odd interpretations before I figured out what it meant - in large part because I was laughing so hard at the seemingly irrelevant photo ...

Neuroscientists discover 'engine of consciousness' hiding in monkeys' brains

Gotcha-Ape.jpg

The actual story (concerning the brain region which seems to govern the waking state):
https://www.livescience.com/monkey-brains-have-engine-of-consciousness.html

This one inspired a host of odd interpretations before I figured out what it meant - in large part because I was laughing so hard at the seemingly irrelevant photo ...

View attachment 23353

The actual story (concerning the brain region which seems to govern the waking state):

Is that the 'chap' who took his own photograph and was legally given (or was it merely argued that he should have?) the rights to it?

View attachment 23353

Looks like the little guy had one too many energy drinks.

Back