• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

New Years Eve hijinx ended in a hairy situation...

Man arrested for roaming streets dressed as werewolf to scare people on New Year’s Eve in Pakistan
werewolf.jpg

Police in Pakistan have detained a man who was riding through city streets dressed as a werewolf to scare people on New Year's Eve.
The man is a resident of Peshawar city’s Moti neighbourhood and was detained by Shah Qabool police for allegedly making roaring noises at people while riding his motorcycle, a report by Pakistan’s Samaa News stated.

The city police has filed an initial chargesheet against the individual, who has not yet been identified, and say they are investigating his motives for the act.
Pictures of the man, posing with the police in one and riding his motorcycle in the other, attracted a mixture of reactions on social media. Journalist Omar R Quraishi posted one of the pictures on Twitter, where the man can be seen standing with handcuffs next to two police officers, still wearing his full-face werewolf mask.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/pakistan-man-werewolf-mask-b1781235.html

Inspired by this?

There's nothing new under the sun.

Fortean Headlines, Weird Sex or the corpse tampering thread? This one covers all three...

Morgue worker arrested after giving birth to a dead man’s baby
Kansas City, MO | A 26-year-old morgue worker was arrested this morning after a DNA test revealed that her newborn child was the result of a necrophiliac intercourse with a man she was supposed to autopsy.
Jennifer Burrows, an assistant pathologist with the Jackson County medical examiner services, is accused of having sex with dozens of corpses over the course of the last two years, a behavior which led the birth of a baby boy on January 7.

According to the Kansas City Missouri Police Department, her baby is the son of a man who died in a car accident in March 2017, and whose body she was supposed to autopsy. They allege that Ms. Burrows sexually abused more than 60 other dead bodies, belonging to males aged from 17 to 71 years of age.

http://personcountysportsnow.com/morgue-worker-arrested-after-giving-birth-to-a-dead-mans-baby/

Perhaps someone could contact that Ask A Mortician woman about this. She can tell us wether it could be true.

Did she want a dead man's baby? No commitment necessary I guess—except to the child! What ever happened to going to bars? Two years ago that would have been possible, going to a bar to get knocked up. Sheesh!

Did she want a dead man's baby? No commitment necessary I guess—except to the child! ...

On the other hand, there's little risk of custody issues or battles for a child of a deceased person born after the deceased's death and without the deceased's knowledge or consent.

Without the deceased's knowledge or consent? Here's a good opportunity to test that Ouija board! :p

Wrong Dion! And don't start with songs by Dionne Warwick either. I'm not having it.
You'll never get to heaven if you do that.
But i'll say a little prayer for you.
So make it easy on yourself and walk on by.

Meanwhile, as everyone is looking at 'other news'.....

dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/special-sas-unit-been-trained-23291405

sasvufo.png

I'm not sure even the SAS would last 5 minutes against aliens, but hey-ho - at least they are bullish. :)

Well, in the event of an alien getting stroppy, I think I'd rather send the SAS than the local council 'street warden' TBH.

I was going to make some kind of gag about the catering corps having 'rocket' but I couldn't get the various bits of the joke to come together in a usable way.

Found on Reddit. Not particularly Fortean but made me laugh. Perhaps a sign of these modern times...

‘Your C*** is Mine Now’ – Hacker Takes Over Internet-Connected Chastity Cages, Demands Ransom
Even for a hardcore BDSM fan, this is one nightmare you don’t want to experience.

Being the victim of blackmail is a harrowing experience. Having to pay someone to keep your secrets secret can not only drain you financially, but also have a significant negative mental impact.

But toward the end of last year, one hacker took the concept of blackmail to a whole new level. They really had their victims by the ‘nads – literally.

Let’s start by introducing you to a delightful little device called the Cell Mate. It’s a Bluetooth-enabled male chastity cage.

How it works is, well… You put it around your dingdong. Then, due to its Bluetooth capability, your partner (or whoever you gave the access code to) can lock it in place remotely with a smartphone app.

Chastity cages are relatively popular toys in the BDSM community. And as far as these things go, Cell Mate seems to be a state-of-the-art product – the manufacturer’s website says it’s waterproof for bathing, has smooth edges for less chafing, and can be locked or opened from anywhere in the world.
https://www.oddee.com/your-c-is-min...onnected-chastity-cages-demands-ransom-56402/

You'd think that the mere act of struggling would convince most people.
Hmm. I'm reminded of "Mr Desiato is spending a year dead for tax reasons." (Douglas Adams, Hitch Hiker's Guide series)

I've spent a lot of my life dealing with claims, allegations, and litigation, disputes between employees and employers, and with small business owners. Almost every small business owner is a self-professed lawyer and master tactician. They seem able to imagine legal rights on the spur of the moment and then consider those rights to be inalienable and indisputable

It would not surprise me if it were to come to light that she had found it convenient not to challenge being declared as deceased at the time, assuming wrongly that it would be easy to overturn. It would not surprise me to find that the legal system suspects this and is playing Dickie Daft.

Back