• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

Watch a snake wearing robot trousers strut like a lizard

After reminding viewers that plenty of animals receive prosthetic legs from benevolent humansall the time, Pan adds, apparently “nobody loves snakes enough to build them robot legs.”

Naturally, what follows is a montage of Pan’s various trial-and-error attempts at constructing the best snake-catered walking device possible. After taking inspiration from everything from three-toed skinks, to the 90’s bionic invertebrate video game character Earthworm Jim, to an absolutely horrifying fish apparently called a sea robin, Pan settled on a set of four remote controlled legs attached to a simple, clear plastic tube cockpit.

With some help from a local snake breeder, Pan then set to coaxing a test python into the contraption. The snake genuinely seems pretty pleased with the free ride.

https://www.popsci.com/technology/snake-robot-legs-evolution/

maximus otter

Watch a snake wearing robot trousers strut like a lizard

After reminding viewers that plenty of animals receive prosthetic legs from benevolent humansall the time, Pan adds, apparently “nobody loves snakes enough to build them robot legs.”

Naturally, what follows is a montage of Pan’s various trial-and-error attempts at constructing the best snake-catered walking device possible. After taking inspiration from everything from three-toed skinks, to the 90’s bionic invertebrate video game character Earthworm Jim, to an absolutely horrifying fish apparently called a sea robin, Pan settled on a set of four remote controlled legs attached to a simple, clear plastic tube cockpit.

With some help from a local snake breeder, Pan then set to coaxing a test python into the contraption. The snake genuinely seems pretty pleased with the free ride.

https://www.popsci.com/technology/snake-robot-legs-evolution/

maximus otter
We are doomed!

Here's a headline that's odd at face value ...

Robot Shows It's Possible to Swim Through The Emptiness of a Curved Universe

If you're free-floating in space and can avail yourself of the curvature in local space-time, you can move yourself by changing your shape.

https://www.sciencealert.com/robot-...im-through-the-emptiness-of-a-curved-universe
*There is also an interesting clip which followed on from watching the 'curved-space-universe' (above), that looks like something worthwhile trying out. . . which involves using normally thrown away Banana skins, which you can blanch, dry, then ground into a flour, to add a % to flour! "Might well give that a try later on."
Waste not, want not comes to mind?

Thank goodness there's video too!

The awkward moment my little girl's prosthetic leg flew off on a carnival ride​

"I started yelling 'look out!' as it malfunctioned and fell off into the crowd..." the mum-of-four shares in the viral video.
Pretty much every kid loves the thrills and excitement of a carnival ride.
But fair-goers got the surprise of their lives when a seven-year-old girl's prosthetic leg unexpectedly malfunctioned when she was on the swinging chairs ride.

Her grandma, who was filming from the ground below, unwittingly captured the moment the little girl’s leg flew through the air as the swings took off.

“Look out, look out!!” the little girl’s mum, Tatum, can be heard yelling from the carnival ride.

Thankfully, for the people watching below, no one was injured but the prosthetic came crashing down to earth with an almighty bang.

“My daughter's leg malfunctioned at the fair and fell off from the swings,” Tatum shared in her viral video which has now been viewed nearly five million times. "I'm so grateful everyone was OK."
https://www.kidspot.com.au/news/the...e/news-story/bbcfccb8af0c94665ef1a1b484e8893e

I shall refrain from making references to Duran Duran songs and just post the headline & details:

American woman Naia Okami opens up about her life identifying as a wolf​

A woman from the US who identifies as a wolf has opened up about her unique life.
Naia Okami, now 28, was 10 years old when she realised she was different.

“I didn’t really have the language for it so I just kind of went around … and would tell people, ‘I’ve got the spirit of the wolf’,” Naia told news.com.au’s podcast, I’ve Got News For You.

Nowadays, Naia has a clearer picture of who she is.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...f/news-story/f3e0c9a25d630f1ed17c0603ebf62350

I shall refrain from making references to Duran Duran songs
Well I won't!
But I'll Save a Prayer for you.
If we didn't have people like that it'd be quite an Ordinary World.
Is There Something I Should Know about this woman though? Is she Notorious for some reason?

'Vampire' in Poland Found Buried With a Sickle to Prevent The Rise of The Dead​

The skeletal remains of a female 'vampire' were found in a 17th-century Polish graveyard – with a sickle across her neck to prevent her rising from the dead.

Professor Dariusz Poliński from Nicholas Copernicus University headed the archaeological dig that led to the discovery of the remains, which were found wearing a silk cap and with a protruding front tooth, the Daily Mail reported Friday.

"The sickle was not laid flat but placed on the neck in such a way that if the deceased had tried to get up… the head would have been cut off or injured," Poliński told the Daily Mail.

In the 11th century, citizens of Eastern Europe reported fears of vampires and began treating their dead with anti-vampire rituals, according to Smithsonian magazine, believing that "some people who died would claw their way out of the grave as blood-sucking monsters that terrorized the living".

1662414115432.png

1662414133510.png

https://www.sciencealert.com/vampir...with-a-sickle-to-prevent-the-rise-of-the-dead

Wouldn't you just wake up, grab that thing by the handle (or rear) & pull it out?

All it would do is make you mad. And you don't want to make vampires mad.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is funny or not...

'I was accused of holding a satanic-themed party for my one-year-old baby'​

When Janeth shared a TikTok video of her daughter’s dress for her 1st birthday party – she didn’t expect to have to defend herself.
Little Lilith can be seen wearing a cute black dress at the outdoor party decorated with black and pink décor, including a piñata resembling Baphomet, a goat-headed deity used in occult rituals.

Janeth shared photos of her daughter in the now-viral TikTok video, which has racked up more than 2.3 million views so far, with the caption, “Rumours say I had the best outfit for my first birthday".

She then goes on to flash a slideshow of pictures from the controversial celebration with Adele’s hit song “Rumours” blaring on the soundtrack.

The snaps and footage show Lilith posing by what appears to be a satanic star used for sacrifices, digging into a cake topped with a pentagram made of icing and breaking into the Baphomet piñata.
https://www.kidspot.com.au/news/i-w...y/news-story/a15a6160e9fa2588bc0f60167b0e0b9a

Back