• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

Scientists believe existence of party drugs in space points to proof of aliens

Scientists at the University of California Riverside believe that the existence of party drug nitrous oxide, known as laughing gas, in space points to proof of aliens.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/scientists-believe-existence-party-drugs-28196830

maximus otter
Because nitrous oxide has no other use, alien physiology works the same way as with humans, and there can be no other possible explanation for its existence outside Earth's environs?
Hmmmmmmmm.
'NO!' Huh?
The point of the news story is that nitrous oxide can be an indicator of biological processes, not that it is a sign of recreational drug use. The headline could just as well said "Scientists believe existence of whipped cream propellant in space points to proof of aliens" or "Scientists believe existence of your dentist's favorite gas in space points to proof of aliens".

The point of the news story is that nitrous oxide can be an indicator of biological processes, not that it is a sign of recreational drug use. The headline could just as well said "Scientists believe existence of whipped cream propellant in space points to proof of aliens" or "Scientists believe existence of your dentist's favorite gas in space points to proof of aliens".
The headline I'd like would be 'Scientists find proof that aliens drive fast cars and like to get high'.

The headline I'd like would be 'Scientists find proof that aliens drive fast cars and like to get high'.

In his classic 1960s astronaut routine, Bill Dana as Jose Jimenez answered the question "Do you think there will be life on Mars?" with "Maybe, if I land on a Saturday night..." Let's keep hoping with Jose that life will be found.

N2O is what cockneys put in their bubble-bath.
Untitled.png

Owl Steals Stick Horse And Flies It Around Neighborhood Like A Witch On A Broomstick

An owl has kicked off Halloween by stealing a toy stick horse (also known as a hobby horse) and riding it around like a witch on a broomstick. The great horned owl took the horse from an unknown resident of Eureka, Illinois, before being captured on film by resident Eric Lind.

[Lind said] that the stick horse was not his own, writing "if your child is missing their stick horse, you'll have to talk to the owl".

Video at link:

https://www.iflscience.com/owl-stea...ighborhood-like-a-witch-on-a-broomstick-65876

maximus otter

Attachments

• JC-PithOfClementine-2210.jpeg
    JC-PithOfClementine-2210.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 14
So, 'if I'm reading that right,' does the report mean that the fungus survived the trip back from Mars, and contaminated the crops in the fields of Indiana?
Other way round. "Her team suggested that dust from affected crops may have carried DON to surrounding waterways and Lafayette may have been contaminated with it, if like the story suggested, it fell in a pond."

As an ordained Minister in the Universal Life Church, I take this kind of stuff seriously. You won't see me wearing these, I'll stick to my brogues thank you very much!

Cloven Kicks? Some See Satan's Influence in New Reebok Shoe

The release of a new Reebok shoe might not seem like a particularly controversial event, but some Christians say that this shoe design is downright demonic.

The shoe, the Reebok Classic Leather Tabi Décortiqué Low, launched earlier this year and sports an interesting bifurcation down the center.

Reebok insists that the design was intended as “a deconstruction of the shoe’s core structure,” but a group of Christians argue that it’s a subtle nod to the goat-footed Baphomet, a deity worshiped in some Satanic traditions.

So... is it just an eye-catching design choice, or the cloven hoof of Baphomet himself?
https://www.themonastery.org/blog/c...nace+Shoe?+&utm_campaign=October+26th,+++2022

Um, I see them as a way to practice the imitation of Christ, who is the lamb of God.

"Pig vomit toxin key to Martian meteorite mystery"​

So lemme get this straight - meteorite falls to earth, spreading outer space body-affecting poison that can hurt plants and animals... isn't this the freaking COLOUR OUT OF SPACE?
Only for real?

Last edited:

UK radio presenter dies during breakfast show

A UK local radio presenter who died while presenting on air has been described as a "dear friend" and "all round lovely man" by those that worked with him.

Tim Gough died suddenly, aged 55, while presenting the GenX Radio Suffolk breakfast show on Monday.

Mr Gough is said to have been broadcasting from a studio at his home when he died.

The station said in a statement: "It is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to inform you, our dear friend and breakfast host Tim Gough passed away this morning whilst presenting his programme.
Via RTE News

"Pig vomit toxin key to Martian meteorite mystery"​

So lemme get this straight - meteorite falls to earth, spreading outer space body-affecting poison that can hurt plants and animals... isn't this the freaking COLOUR OUT OF SPACE?
Only for real?
Seems like they didn't explain it very well at all. I think it was that the 'dust' got onto the meteorite after it had fallen into the field, and then it picked up the fungus from the contaminated crop - and the Scientists found it on the meteorites surface wondering why it was there . . . "I think I got that right this time ~ but I could defiantly be wrong. " They could have explained it far better than they have but that's Scientists for you, I guess. :dunno:

Other way round. "Her team suggested that dust from affected crops may have carried DON to surrounding waterways and Lafayette may have been contaminated with it, if like the story suggested, it fell in a pond."
^this^

Makes for some good free publicity to make teens believe the shoes are edgy and different. I don't see the style staying long. I'm guessing they are expensive and I can't think they would be comfortable to wear.

1666807447922.jpeg

Back