• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

It's not on the main article, but on Yahoo news, they are listing an article about Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth as:

Gore film gets 'five stars' from scientists

Hips could devastate economy, Parliament is told

Home Information Packs could slash GDP by GBP5.7bn, according to independent research out today.

Unfortunately you have to register to read the story.

Dead Fish, Manure Smell

-- Lakeshore Advance, July 19 2006

'No plans' for Thatcher state funeral

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/conserva ... 65,00.html

10am

Hélène Mulholland and agencies
Wednesday August 9, 2006
Guardian Unlimited

Downing Street today said there were no plans to hold a state funeral for Margaret Thatcher.

A spokeswoman for Number 10 said: "All that we can confirm is that there are no such plans and it is not appropriate to comment further."

I thought I must have missed something in the last day or so but, no, the old witch is still alive though whether still capable of reading the papers is another matter. :shock:

JamesWhitehead said:
I thought I must have missed something in the last day or so but, no, the old witch is still alive though whether still capable of reading the papers is another matter. :shock:

One would hope they pound a steak through her heart when she does go to make sure the old cow is actually dead.

Heckler20 said:
One would hope they pound a steak through her heart when she does go to make sure the old cow is actually dead.
Mmm...steak!

I used to cut out and keep headlines, usually from the Sun or the Mirror. The best of all, which I still have, is:

MY TORMENT BY RAVE VICAR'S SEX CULT VICTIM

Beaudiful!!

This is currently appearing on the Latest News ticker at news.bbc.co.uk:

Israel confirms reports that one of its helicopters was shot dead over south Lebanon.

nissemus said:
This is currently appearing on the Latest News ticker at news.bbc.co.uk:

Israel confirms reports that one of its helicopters was shot dead over south Lebanon.
AH! Poor 'coppy! :(

So the program to bio-engineer gigantic dragonflies for use in military operations was a success, was it?

From World Wide words newsletter:
Someone I know only as Christina saw a prediction on a newspaper billboard in Thatcham in Berkshire: "NEWBURY BRIDE TO BE FOUND DEAD".

Following up the story, she found that correct punctuation
would have transformed the sense. It should have been
"NEWBURY BRIDE-TO-BE FOUND DEAD".

Back