• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Insurance Claims

loreleilee

Fresh Blood
I've just been on the Chester ghost tour and one of the stories was about... an insurance claim.

There's a lovely little building by the river, near St John's Church, that's now a private home - the Anchorite's Cell. Supposedly it's a hotbed of poltergeist activity.

The story is that, some years ago, the owner had a dresser with an expensive china dinner service displayed on it; as she sat one evening watching tv, the poltergeist smashed every single piece of china. This was the last straw, and the owner decided to claim on her home insurance... which apparently paid out!

So - it's got me wondering, has anyone come across a more unlikely insurance claim?

Interesting! Would she have been able to claim the insurance if she had broken the crockery herself?

Not poltergeist but I know of someone who successfully made a claim for running into a camel somewhere in the mideast. He said the paperwork was difficult to fill out he kept having to cross out other vehicle and write in camel. Also the owner of the other vehicle camel had no fixed address.

Interesting! Would she have been able to claim the insurance if she had broken the crockery herself?
Well, presumably if she had done it accidentally. Probably not if she'd done it on purpose...

So the insurance firm confirms the existence of poltergeist? Well, that's that then lads, pack up and leave
Well it looks like so far more insurance companies have confirmed the existence of poltergeists, than have confirmed the existence of camels.

Back