• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Knick-Knacks

I used to own a home made well used wooden ouija board that came in a job lot of stuff that a friend bought from an auction back in the 90s. She refused to even take it into her house as she said she got a bad feeling from it. I was happy to take it off her hands and it was displayed on a shelf for many years with no adverse effects. Sadly I gave it away to another friend who took a shine to it, only to learn later his wife had made him get rid of it (chuck it in the dustbin) as she didn’t like it. If I’d have known I’d have kept it!
Techy used to collect ouija boards in various colourful and exotic designs to display on the walls over his stairs. His neighbour saw them one day and said 'Oh right, THAT'S where they come from!'

Seemed his house had suddenly become haunted. He told us the details. His girlfriend refused to stay over again. :chuckle:

20210916_192519_proc.jpg

Bits of various saints.

Bicycle Zener deck

A stone embedded within a different kind of stone...

and... Lion Mouse!

This fine fellow hangs from the rear view mirror in our car. His name is Norman. We’ve had him years and he has taken pride of place in the front of about seven or eight of our previous vehicles and been on trips with us all over the UK.
50A597C9-C8F1-44F7-B176-1B8B7DF32FD5.jpeg

Like PeteByrdie, I also have pics of my Fortean related stuff in the Bookshelves thread. Here are a few other items of interest:

IMG_20211116_135110071.jpg

my black cat ouija board (sorry for the tilted angle)

IMG_20211116_135750_919_2.jpg

and a picture I took of my desk/altar with tiny Bast, taken during a recent power outage (with precarious-looking candle).

Edited to add that judging by my photos, my house appears to be tipping over!

Like PeteByrdie, I also have pics of my Fortean related stuff in the Bookshelves thread. Here are a few other items of interest:

View attachment 48175

my black cat ouija board (sorry for the tilted angle)

View attachment 48176

and a picture I took of my desk/altar with tiny Bast, taken during a recent power outage (with precarious-looking candle).

Edited to add that judging by my photos, my house appears to be tipping over!
I've sworn off the occult arts, but if someone put that gorgeous ouija board in front of me I doubt I could resist a dabble. I hope you get your house tipped back straight.

I've sworn off the occult arts, but if someone put that gorgeous ouija board in front of me I doubt I could resist a dabble. I hope you get your house tipped back straight.
I have a feeling my house will always be slightly askew, as long as I'm living in it.

How about one of these as the centrepiece for your Christmas dinner decorations?
Link

I won't reproduce the photo, for obvious reasons. Amazon keep including it in my recommendations. I don't want that staring at me from my bookshelf.

How about one of these as the centrepiece for your Christmas dinner decorations?
Link

I won't reproduce the photo, for obvious reasons. Amazon keep including it in my recommendations. I don't want that staring at me from my bookshelf.
The mechanically-minded could no doubt make good use of that and one of those DIY clock mechanisms.

Link

Because you have six of them already?;)

Link

Funny, I don't remember his... er... Pazuzu being quite so prominent in the film.

I have some hag stones that found me at the beach. I haven't been able to see into the realm of the fairies yet though!
The other stone is covered in pits of various depths which have probably been bored by molluscs of some kind.

Attachments

• hag stones.jpg
    hag stones.jpg
    754.2 KB · Views: 10
  • stone.jpg
    stone.jpg
    732.2 KB · Views: 7
I have some hag stones that found me at the beach. I haven't been able to see into the realm of the fairies yet though!
The other stone is covered in pits of various depths which have probably been bored by molluscs of some kind.
Piddocks - No I'm not being rude, holes probably bored by piddocks. :)

Piddocks - No I'm not being rude, holes probably bored by piddocks. :)

For Art O-level we had to bring in one object to draw and redraw over the course of two years. Mine was what I now know to be a Piddock Stone. Amazing I didn't develop that hole phobia really...

Techy used to collect ouija boards in various colourful and exotic designs to display on the walls over his stairs. His neighbour saw them one day and said 'Oh right, THAT'S where they come from!'

Seemed his house had suddenly become haunted. He told us the details. His girlfriend refused to stay over again. :chuckle:
One of my best friends back in the day was a woman who had a rather raspy voice, when she called me at work the girls would tell me, 'Ronnie, your boyfriend is on the phone!' Her voice was very deep.
She was at a friend of ours' house one day when a ouija board was brought out, to her amazement the planchette went crazy all over that board - the messages were all for her, how in her past life she had been a man named 'Max', and that's why she had the deep voice in this lifetime. Weird........

Last edited:
“Lakeside”? … “LAKE?!!”
Its a LOCH! And not a “lock” either…it’s pronounced with a soft “ch”!
Apologies, I forget it’s all different with the Scotch lakes…

Back