• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Meet-Up in the North-West of England

Kazza34

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Do any forteans meet up on a regular basis in the north west? If so do you allow others to join your groups or are these closed meetings?

If there are no groups why not set one up? It's worth it. We have the Edinburgh Fortean Society meeting on Tuesday of this week and we've been going 8 years now (in fact this will be our 8th birthday) and we normally have in excess of 30 people attending.

Gordon

I was supposed to be organising this but events overtook me.
We have interested posters in Manchester, Liverpool, Cheshire and North Wales who'd probably like to meet up. :D

Yup. I'm in North East Wales, very near Chester, so I'm up for a meet.

Yup. How about that Chester meet we keep rambling on about? :D

Yes, a Chester meet, perhaps with an appropriate ghost walk or something?

If there's something strange,
In your neighborhood,
Who ya gonna call?

Frobushers.jpg

I ain't afraid of Fro ghosts!

I'd suggest the Blue Bell for food - it has both a ghost and a veggie menu.

What more could we ask?

OK then. How about a week from today? :D

Checks extensive social diary. Moths fly out and tumbleweed blows past.

I'm in.

So, it's thee and me so far. Fro, can you make it?

Anyone else?

Hmm, I was bit of a pushover there, wasn't I? :lol:

Kazza, you up for it?

Fizz32 said:
Checks extensive social diary. Moths fly out and tumbleweed blows past.

I'm in.

So, it's thee and me so far. Fro, can you make it?

Anyone else?

Not next Tuesday - but don't let me stop the fun.

About you got that dog, Izzie. We could do the FTMB Beeston Castle dogwalk! :D

Anyone else live in Cheshire, have a dog, is free next week?

No dog yet, the landlord is a bit sniffy us having one, which is a pain due to the last three tenants all having pets.

Can I borrow one of yours, then?

Certainly. :D

snifferama.jpg

Take your pick of these fine mastiffs. 8)

Hi Guys,

Can't do that date but have a car so can drive myself to Chester very easily so I will come to next meet up if you give me a couple of weeks notice (need to sort out baby sitter).

I only suggested this next Tuesday to get things going. Izzie & I are quite flexible, in a non-sexual way, although we do reserve the right to be very flexible indeed in certain circumstances.
So that's all the double-entendres out of the way before Fro rolls up.

Where was I? Oh yeah. Another day might suit others better, which is OK by Izzie & me as we are easy... oh yeah right. I'll wait for Fro this time.

I am prepared to meet halfway for dogwalking at Beeston Castle in the near future as I have a new camera to try out. :D

Hey, any time after next Thursday would be better for me. Gives me time to rob banks etc. Tuesday is no-no. Sorry.

This all makes me wish I had a car that I trusted to go more than about 15 miles. :(

Oh, Minda, haven't you got that new car yet? I'd love to meet you.

Yes, I am very flexible, (phnarr) and the Snaily Woman and I can easily accommodate most requirements. (We'll get a guest appearance in Viz at this rate.)

I'll be going by car so if anyone wants to roll up at any local railway stations I'll be happy to collect you.

My new car is getting to be within reach. :D I expect to have one within the next few weeks...but for now my car is one that makes alarming creaking noises if you get over 20 mph so I'm not risking it too far from home.

On an unrelated note, does anyone want to buy a second hand car? Completely reliable, no creaking noises or anything...

If you have any meet ups (especially doggy ones) when I'm safe on roads again I'll certainly be there.

mindalai said:
If you have any meet ups (especially doggy ones) when I'm safe on roads again I'll certainly be there.

Oh well. That's me out then! Maybe next time!

Back