Fortean Podcasts

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Weird Tales Radio Show for 2 accolades. They have been rated one of the top 40 UK podcasts that you must subscribe to in 2019 and one of the top 15 mysterious YouTube channels on Unexplained mysteries strange stories history and facts

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Latest episode of Radio Misterioso focusing on the late Stanton Friedman,

Radio Misterioso
Stanton Friedman – Recollections
Posted: 15 May 2019 02:54 PM PDT

Lifetime researcher Stanton T. Friedman passed away on May 13, 2019 after over 50 years of writing and lecturing. He was the public face of UFO study for those who knew little about the subject, and a mentor, inspiration, and guru for many inside the sometimes strange world of UFO conventions and gatherings, many of which he headlined. He earned the trust of those on many sides of the issue for his honesty and forthrightness, and was unfailingly thoughtful and polite to all, no matter what disagreements were present.

On February 18 of 2018, I recorded an interview with Friedman in an unused room at the International UFO Congress. In this conversation, he recalled his childhood and love of the Dodgers and Jackie Robinson, and his college and early career as a nuclear physicist for a variety of aerospace companies. He even described a job for McDonnell Douglas which he said assigned him to “figure out how flying saucers worked” but was unfortunately cancelled for budgetary reasons.
http://radiomisterioso.com/audio/Stanton_Friedman_2_16_18.mp3

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I'm disappointed by most podcasts, a lot of which are far too long with a lot of waffle. I quite like Astonishing Legends though - their Flannan Islands one was really good. Again very long but a lot of detail + a contribution by a writer who'd investigated the story in depth, had actually been there etc.

XEPER_

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Met Richard MacLean Smith today at his talk in Balloch Library. It was great! Took my 11 year old daughter along and we both really enjoyed it - he used the music from his podcast and spoke engagingly for about an hour which flew past. He signed the book for my daughter and took pics with us - I have no idea why I gave the thumbs up, I don't normally do that lol (if you haven't already guessed, I'm the bald one). He even recognised me when I came in, shook my hand and asked me about my own books and experiences doing author talks which I thought was good of him.

Of course, as soon as I shared the pics on Facebook someone said, "Nice Romance sign" :rollingw:
60382731_2805356132824750_8352610341493932032_o.jpg

XEPER_

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
BTW, when I say he recognised me, I mean from Twitter. :p

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Boozy, irreverent interview with a fat fat bald cryptozoologist on Evil Science and Magic Buddies.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Not Fortean, but I've recently been listening to "Philosophize This". It's quite entertaining and enlightening. The podcaster gives easy to understand talks about different philosophers, the times in which they lived and has several years worth of podcasts to listen. He also clearly enjoys philosophy and wants everyone to not be intimidated by the subject and "to know more today than you did yesterday".

David Plankton

I AM HIM.
Reaction score
Really enjoying listening to the Mafia Podcast at the moment.

https://audioboom.com/channel/mafia

Sam Giancana, Gotti, Carmine Galante and Donnie Brasco (FBI Agent Joe Pistone) all being top-notch productions providing a look at recent history through a very dirty lens.

Experts, authors, eye-witnesses and ex-law enforcement all get a say, so this isn't a glorification of crime rather an insight into undercover surveillance techniques and the sometimes mundane day-to-day reality of life in the Mob.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I’ve decided to start my own Fortean/Paranormal podcast.

Now! Where do I start?

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
From Tonight’s Paranormal Thoughts Podcast

You wake up in the middle of the night, unable to move and feel the sensation of being watched. You open your eyes to find a dark shadowy figure standing in your room, watching silently. In this episode we breakdown some of the knowledge we have gathered about these beings to hopefully open our minds to what "Shadow People" might be.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Plus a new Lore and a new Morbid Curiosity Podcast

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Good article in today’s “Knock Once for Yes” podcast. Anyone interested in these Talking Boards would likely enjoy this podcast. About 1 hour 10 minutes into the podcast.
I posted this in the Ouija thread this morning but thought it would be at home here. Not sure if it is “bad etiquette” to cross / re-post your own posts. If it is I will self-flagellate three times a day after meals for a week.
That would be more favourable than a week on metronidazole.

Tapeloop

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My first post in about 10 years.

Anybody else listen to Monsters Among Us? http://www.monstersamonguspodcast.com/

I realise that podcasts where people phone in with their IHTM stories are pretty common, but this is the best one I've found yet. No silly jokes, no rambling, not much advertising. Just cuts straight to the cryptids/ghosts/UFO/weirdness, and the host does a great job of picking out interesting tales and then commenting on them.

He's also bought up the subject of the 'mirroredmen' which could be the creepiest Fortean thing I've heard about in years. Check out Season 7, Episode 15 for a whole show devoted to them. Seriously weird! Amazed if this hasn't come up elsewhere on the board.

XEPER_

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Not about monsters or anything, but the past couple of weeks I've been re-watching The Prisoner (on Bluray - looks amazing but really shows up things like stunt doubles which no-one would have noticed on their tiny CRT telly in 1967!) and listening to The Prisoner Podcast. It reminds me of the HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast in the way it's two regular guys watching each episode and saying what they think of it. No waffle, no crap, sometimes amusing, it's really good!
I've just about given up on Mysterious Universe though, most recent episodes are about really crazy books or whatever, I can't take it seriously. And neither can they half the time, as they take the piss out of the books and the ludicrous claims in them so...why bother covering them? Meh.
Astonishing Legends is just starting a series on the Voynich Manuscript though so I'm really looking forward to that.
I also tried Where Did The Road Go which had some episodes on Missing 411-type stuff and enjoyed that a lot. Worth a listen.

Kingsize Wombat

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I've just about given up on Mysterious Universe though, most recent episodes are about really crazy books or whatever, I can't take it seriously. And neither can they half the time, as they take the piss out of the books and the ludicrous claims in them so...why bother covering them? Meh.
Amen to that.

Astonishing Legends is just starting a series on the Voynich Manuscript though so I'm really looking forward to that.
That one also annoyed me as the whole first episode covered theories that have been discredited through the recent dating of the manuscript.

I also tried Where Did The Road Go which had some episodes on Missing 411-type stuff and enjoyed that a lot. Worth a listen.
Still one of my favorite Poddies out there.

Tapeloop

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
An ancient but very similar podcast is Anything Ghost - more listener stories yet the host does well to keep the silly "I'm haunted by a demon" type stories that plague Real Ghost Stories Online to a minimum.
Thanks for the recommendation on this, it is wonderful bedtime listening.

Another one I quite like (with reservations) is Into The Fray Radio. Sometimes it is chats with authors or general paranormal bods, and more often it is long and rambling IHTM tales, usually just the one guest for a 90 minute odd show and mainly Bigfoot or crypto based. She's a good host (features in the new Small Town Monsters film) and asks some good questions, but it is very rambling. Bit longer than I'd prefer, but if you have an interesting person on then it's okay.

https://intothefrayradio.com/

XEPER_

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Could the guy in Mysterious Universe use the word "essentially" any more? I think he must be trying for a Guinness World Record in each episode.

Mr. Banooka

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I've been enjoying the Ghost Pod. It's a collection of ghost experiences mainly sent in by listeners.

As anyone who knows me will attest, I LOVE ghosts. Can't get enough of'em. :)

I'll be sending in some of my own stories. Shake'em up a bit!

Episode 17 has an account of a quite horrifying ghost seen in the cellar of a shop in Brighton. Sounded familiar to me, and sure enough, it was previously published in a book about Brighton ghosts which I have here. That's not to say it was cribbed, just that the same person contributed it to both the book and the podcast.
Any idea what has happened to this podcast? I went to add it to my podcast app, it let me subscribe but then none of the episodes are available. Clicking on anything on the website throws up errors as well. It's a shame as from the recommendations here it seemed right up my street.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Any idea what has happened to this podcast? I went to add it to my podcast app, it let me subscribe but then none of the episodes are available. Clicking on anything on the website throws up errors as well. It's a shame as from the recommendations here it seemed right up my street.
Yup, I've found this too, or rather I've lost it. Had it on my iTunes but it's now unavailable.

One of the stories was from me! Possibly two, and satisfyingly scary they were too.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Yup, I've found this too, or rather I've lost it. Had it on my iTunes but it's now unavailable.

One of the stories was from me! Possibly two, and satisfyingly scary they were too.
I think we will see the death of a few Fortean podcasts soon. It' reached saturation point and I reckon a fair few will drop off.

Travel Oddities was massive but they've not put out any new shows since March.

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Reaction score
The Missing Cryptoqueen: here's the story behind the new podcast

This week, BBC Sounds released an investigative podcast hosted by Jamie Bartlett all about Dr Ruja Ignatova, the woman alleged to be behind what could be the largest cryptocurrency scam of all time in what the US Department of Justice called an "old fashioned pyramid scheme on a new school platform". In 2017, Ruja disappeared. She hasn't been seen since.
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/rep...een-investigative-podcast-scam-ruja-ignatova/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07nkd84/episodes/downloads

Sharon Hill

Complicated biological machine
Reaction score