Fortean Taiwan?

A

Anonymous

OK, it's a long-shot, but . . .

I'm posted in Taipei for a brief stint. Anyone know of any good Fortean sites, stories to check out here?

Hey, I said it was a long-shot!:p

Stilton

lemonpie3

Abominable Snowman
Taiwan is stuffed full of ghosts! All over the blinking place. Ask anyone. Especially in August when the gates of hell open and all the ancestors are allowed out to visit, so everyone stays away from water and don't go to the seaside.

Have you been to the Indian Beer House? Serves tex-mex food and interior is decorated with huge dinosaur skeletons. Not sure if that counts as fortean but definitely odd anyway. Apparently. i've never been)

I'll make enquiries!

A

Anonymous

lemonpie: Thanks, always nice to get advice from a tart. :D

I need to come back in a couple of months, so I'll make arrangments to return in August.

I'll also check around Taipei for the Indian Beer House. Dried squid pizza and congealed blood soup are wearing out their welcome on my lunch menus. I'm all for local cuisine, but . . . ;)

Regards,

Stilton

Bannik

Justified & Ancient
Dried squid pizza? Stilton, you're making my mouth water. Don't know about the congealed blood soup though. :cross eye

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
Some worrying signs that China (PRC) is starting in 2019 to ramp-up its international demands that it should be allowed to re-absorb Taiwan (Republic of China).

There are worrying hints that military force from the PRC may not be ruled-out: although that is of course always implicit in all dealings with China.

It would be ironic if, with the world's eyes looking at North/South Korea as a potential flashpoint, the real location for concern was outside the mainland in the South China Sea.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/01/taiwan-tells-china-to-use-peaceful-means-to-resolve-differences.html

MODS- I've posted this rather-worrying information here, but it might be more-appropriately appended elsewhere

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Some worrying signs that China (PRC) is starting in 2019 to ramp-up its international demands that it should be allowed to re-absorb Taiwan (Republic of China).

There are worrying hints that military force from the PRC may not be ruled-out: although that is of course always implicit in all dealings with China.

It would be ironic if, with the world's eyes looking at North/South Korea as a potential flashpoint, the real location for concern was outside the mainland in the South China Sea.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/01/taiwan-tells-china-to-use-peaceful-means-to-resolve-differences.html

MODS- I've posted this rather-worrying information here, but it might be more-appropriately appended elsewhere
They probably figure that they can get away with it now that the US has a weak president. There's no guarantee that the US will defend Taiwan.