• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forteana & Weirdness On YouTube

I just received a link today to a short film on Youtube. I'm going to post about it in Chat as well as it's a short movie which in of itself is creepy, confusing and not to be watched late at night (it's not scary - just unnervingly weird). It is packed with fortean interest stuff but the kicker is - it's a puzzle. Check out Chat if you want to play or learn more. Otherwise just watch this.

This House has People In It:

From the wonderful 'Ask A Mortician' channel comes:

Victorian STANDING Corpse Photographs

How they achieved such lifelike images of the recently deceased. WARNING!!! This video contains images of dead bodies, including infants.

From the wonderful 'Ask A Mortician' channel comes:

Victorian STANDING Corpse Photographs

How they achieved such lifelike images of the recently deceased. WARNING!!! This video contains images of dead bodies, including infants.

The presenter is just stunning, so very beautiful.

A documentary on the Warminster Thing:

And this is super good, two interviews about the very weird Hubbardsville Encounter (well this is one of them, the other will be easy to find).

I was listening to this (about an hour) about the Skinwalker Ranch. It is just someone summarising the stories from there. It's not anyone who's been involved or even visited. But he has a pleasant American voice. Do not be put off when he uses the word 'faith', they talk (and dismiss) demons being involved in about 30 seconds flat. The rest is untainted by religious interpretation. (Although after the programme they start talking about another show, about the biblical Exodus, and I kind of switched off then).

Also there's a very interesting episode about the Knights Templar. Not particularly Fortean other than the mysteriousness that's been built up around them, but I like the way these are done. Very factual and not waffle-filled.

Been watching Dark Docs on YouTube, which is quite good, top5s etc. Also been watching Joolz guides. He's does guides around London and in one video, he went on a haunted walk, he's a good laugh. I watch them when I do the washing up, makes the time go quick.

I have a couple of offerings people might be interested in.

The Edinburgh Fortean Society is meeting once a month online at the moment and the first talk was a biography of Charles Fort. I’m also putting up items from my cabinet of curiosities, so far just one item but another will go up over the weekend and the next EdFort meeting is a Fortean quiz on Tuesday the 12th of May.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCX8Ez-brarHABUMKRQsT-lA

If Erich von Däniken and his ilk ever held any interest for you, this documentary from the 70's on ancient astronauts, produced by Alan Landsburg andfeaturing narration by the splendid Rod Serling may be right up your alley.

In Search Of Ancient Mysteries - HQ

Another good one, despite whatever opinion one may have of 'psychic detectives'. Running time 49.05

The Psychic Detective
Keith Charles spent 30 years as a British police officer. But he was a copper like no other.

From 1971, a British Witchcraft documentary...

A Documentary produced by Oliver Hunkin for the BBC (commissioned by the religion department of the BBC), UK
Featuring contributions from Eleanor Bone, Cecil Williamson, Alex & Maxine Sanders, Doreen Valiente along with a stellar cast of old-school occultists and Wiccans.

Power Of The Witch (1971)

Short & sweet at 6 minutes long, The Ghosts Of Disneyland covers the rumoured spirits that are said to inhabit the happiest place on Earth.

Preposterous Karloff-anchored drama about a clairvoyant who attempts to aid the police in their investigation of the Whitechapel murders:

This film was broadcast on t.v only once, and with no advance notice on stations and in only five US cities.

This is the 'lost' Walt Disney UFO Documentary, Alien Encounters hosted by actor Robert Urich:

In March of 1995, Walt Disney Television aired an intriguing UFO special. This highly unusual UFO video special presents UFOs and alien visitation to our planet as a matter of fact.

At first glance, the special appears to be a promotion of the “New Tomorrowland” area, in particular the new “Alien Encounters” ride. This was in the mid 90’s. (This venture was cancelled almost immediately)

However, upon closer inspection,it is much more. The entire program, which opens with a short segment by Disney CEO Michael Eisner, does not even question the existence of UFOs and a major UFO cover-up. In fact, at times it has a tone of ridicule towards those who still deny that UFO’s exist.

Hah! It has something of a Troy McLure feel. I liked the law passed forbidding human contact with aliens, punishable with a $5000 fine.

Hah! It has something of a Troy McLure feel. I liked the law passed forbidding human contact with aliens, punishable with a $5000 fine.
Well, yes - you might be walking along, going about your business as usual, when bang - you inadvertently encounter aliens and get into a conversation with them. A $5000 fine is a bit extreme and completely unreasonable.

I'd laugh if the topic weren't so serious as it sounds like a headline straight out of the National Enquirer...

2 Killed At Elvis Presley's Funeral

Sounds absurd? Absolutely, but it did actually happen when a car veered into the crowd of mourners who had gathered outside of Presley's Graceland to pay their respects. One other girl was seriously injured but survived her injuries.
Here she is interviewed just a few years ago about the incident:

New York Times story on the funeral of the two who died.

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/08/23/...enagers-killed-mourning-death-of-presley.html

This film was broadcast on t.v only once, and with no advance notice on stations and in only five US cities.

This is the 'lost' Walt Disney UFO Documentary, Alien Encounters hosted by actor Robert Urich:
Yeah that is really weird. This is full on MiB stuff. "We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the govt is lying about ETs".. Hmmm.

Thank you for all these wonderful links. I am off for a week from next Saturday so have created a list if links saved to Libre Office. So that I can stream what I want from to the TV without having to scroll through threads to find them. :)

Back