• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forteana & Weirdness On YouTube

Sifting the wheat from the chaff, so you don't have to. The best of a bad YouTube bunch!

Ghosts and smugglers - The Story of the Ghost Story (BBC)

Narrated by Michael Rosen:

Leap in the Dark - The Minds Eye (BBC)

Paul Darrow presents--hammily--which make it worth watching regardless of content.

A two-parter on various paranormal subjects:

Alien Encounters & The Paranormal:

Rennes-le-Château:

The Mystery Of The Egyptian Desert Glass (BBC)

New post for a different tone: mystery and unpleasant crime.

Ghosts of Highway 20: Beginning in the late 1970s, a sinister presence cast a shadow over an isolated part of central Oregon. It lurked in the background, ignored or unnoticed. Women, often vulnerable or marginalized, were disappearing. These are the stories of the ghosts of Highway 20.

Content warning: graphic descriptions.

Tutankhamun in Colour (BBC)

Elizabeth Frood presents a documentary about the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb in 1922. Includes interviews with Egyptologists such as Heba Abd el Gawad, Aidan Dodson, John J Johnson.

Merlin

Last edited:
Strange.Life, Paranormal Rising, Mr Ballen, Beyond Creepy, Paranormal Mysterys, Beyond Explanation and occult lectures

A relatively new kid on the block is BARELY SOCIABLE. As far as I know, this American vlogger has only appeared in the last few months but has already posted a fair range of material.

He deals, for the most part in niggling puzzlers - particularly internet based ones, and often new ones from the past ten years (which is refreshing).

So we hear about a functioning hospital in Johannesburg which abruptly closed down without explanation, an apparently fake plane crash that the singer Paula Abdul claims to have suffered and a bizarre tale involving a whole load of posters writing crazed reviews of a defunct pie brand...all in that vein.

So this is not really about the Paranormal.A lot of it is what you would call trivia - but no less interesting (or Fortean) for all of that. Also the narrator puts research hours into the stories and is able to bring closure, or at least a probable explanation, to some of them. Warning though - it's very moreish - if you watch one post - you will watch another...and another.

As a taster here's one about a series of inexplicable `children's stories` that surfaced a while back and are so tasteless and peculiar that no one seems able to account for them:

Is there a thread here on North Korea? Sure there must be, as this country is so off-the-scale weird from anybody's viewpoint.

I ask because I've been looking at YT videos where otherwise intelligent and rational people from Britain are bending over backwards to defend NK as a Workers' Paradise, and to indignantly decry the general perception of the place,as a poverty-stricken totalitarian hell-hole, as decadent Western capitalist propaganda and base slander on the Great Leader.

The idea that people who have a choice, and access to fuller information, can act and think like this is sort of Fortean in itself. It's also distinctly weird - when NK propaganda videos and typical TV is shown in Britain, the soundtrack and narration is in a faraway East Asian language which makes it all feel distant, a world away, and nothing to do with us; it's easy to think "Well. it's foreign and Far Eastern."

Then when you see the same kind of thing presented by British people with British accents using the same language of imperatives, superlatives and excessive praise for the Dear Leader, it's like looking into a bizarre parellel universe where the Democratic People's Republic of Britain happened, and we generated our own Kim-Jong-Il. (I understand there aren't that many family names in Korea, so in a different context the name is as unremarkable as Frank Smith or John Brown)

Suddenly, it doesn't seem so remote.

so I'm not sure if I should post any video links here; this might count as political and insufficiently Fortean.

Last edited:
There are multiple threads addressing North Korean topics. The primary / compendium thread is:

North Korea
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/north-korea.8691/
thank you! Navigating this forum can be very hit-and-miss, and the search function is.. unhelpful? Counter-indicative? I usually dive straight in and move at random, a bit like a neutron in a nuclear reactor, and what I find is usually located by accident, pretty much. Asking for directions always works.

Just a note to mention I have personally only now discovered the highly commendable, studious online presentations from The Edinburgh Fortean Society, available on YouTube and wondered if maybe others might likewise have been unaware.

Similarly, there are several YouTube presentations from the London Fortean Society which are perhaps worthwhile checking out.

Also from The Singular Fortean Society, although I'm not quite sure who they are in relation?

This also looks interesting...

Screenshot_20210102_041720_compress29.jpg

Lastly, as with previous chronicle, the following results from a speculative YouTube search out of curiosity - 'Scotland Fortean' - seems to qualify as such and perhaps belongs on another thread?

Had a look and still not sure which one would have been most appropriate.

Given the Scottish connection, surprised to never have heard about this poltergeist case before.

Lastly, as with previous chronicle, the following results from a speculative YouTube search out of curiosity - 'Scotland Fortean' - seems to qualify as such and perhaps belongs on another thread?

Had a look and still not sure which one would have been most appropriate.

Given the Scottish connection, surprised to never have heard about this poltergeist case before.

Malcolm Robinson release a book under this title in 2019, it gives a comprehensive view of the case.

Malcolm Robinson release a book under this title in 2019, it gives a comprehensive view of the case.
Thank ya - I know of Malcolm from way back in my early UFO foraging days.

Incidentally, my endeavours also resulted in the following appearance:

Screenshot_20210102_005234_resize_79.jpg

I thought, 'this is is lamentable, someone try to contact Charles Fort in the afterlife...'.

Turned out it's consultation relating to tourism development of a British colonial fort site on the Carribbean island of St Kitts. :D

Cruising around Youtube and I came across this documentary featuring three different stories. The following description is from the uploader.

Lost Places:

00:00 Ghost Hotel in Malaysia The Amber Court hotel is located in the mountains of Malaysia, an hour outside the capital. It looks deserted; spooky factor included. "Galileo" reporter Paul took a closer look at the hotel and dared spend the night.

11:57 Albergo Diffuso We go on holidays and takes us along. It’s a special vacation, kind of like traveling back in time. A formerly abandoned village in Abruzzo, Italy offers an immersive experience of what it’s like to live not only among but with the locals. The idea behind it: The guests live next door

27:04 UFO? No. Houses that look like UFOs The location is in Taiwan and it looks like an abandoned film set for Lost in Space. Dilapidated, ghostly, deserted houses shaped like UFOs. What’s the story behind the spacely ghost town?

Cruising around Youtube and I came across this documentary featuring three different stories. The following description is from the uploader.

Lost Places:

00:00 Ghost Hotel in Malaysia The Amber Court hotel is located in the mountains of Malaysia, an hour outside the capital. It looks deserted; spooky factor included. "Galileo" reporter Paul took a closer look at the hotel and dared spend the night.

11:57 Albergo Diffuso We go on holidays and takes us along. It’s a special vacation, kind of like traveling back in time. A formerly abandoned village in Abruzzo, Italy offers an immersive experience of what it’s like to live not only among but with the locals. The idea behind it: The guests live next door

27:04 UFO? No. Houses that look like UFOs The location is in Taiwan and it looks like an abandoned film set for Lost in Space. Dilapidated, ghostly, deserted houses shaped like UFOs. What’s the story behind the spacely ghost town?

That hotel is a mess! I think you'd have to be pretty desperate to stay there.

Edit: Mind you, the rooms look pretty good. I guess they have no money to restore the exterior.

Last edited:
A good summation of the 1988 Knowles Family UFO encounter whilst crossing the desolate Nullabor Plain in Australia. They claim an object hovered above their car and then lifted it from the road below.

YouTube channel Slapped Ham with it's host Callan has hundreds of videos and photos collected
from online sources,some of which are complete rubbish but there are really puzzling ones and odd gems

For instance these below

12:55 Lights in sky
0:40 whatsits on driveway

Well worth browsing through
https://www.youtube.com/c/SlappedHam

This is just a flash - but notice how the car still manages to get under the bus:

I don't hate the likes of Chills. There's something about his terrible reading and his meme ghost stories that I find endearing. Like the kid who tells scary stories at camp. Anyway,... here's a channel I got recommended recently. The first story is about a girl who was in a palace freak show for being obese. Obscure history kind of thing.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAqYVj7SQZ--EsYui0JhJhg

If you wanted to watch the ceremony involving the moving of the Egyptian coffins and haven't had the chance. There is 1 hour 42 minutes of it on this You Tube clip.

The parade itself is looks quite amazing. I am off this coming week so may find time to watch it in full:

I don't think I posted these before. Really good!

Rogue traders:

Ponzi schemes:

Back