• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forteana & Weirdness On YouTube

I don't believe I've ever heard of these reports before, assuming it's not just made up whole cloth:
Vietnam has no native apes within its borders. Yet countless soldiers reported to have seen them, or rather “ape-like creatures” similar to Bigfoot, when fighting in the country’s dense jungles during the Vietnam-American war. What were the Rock Apes? Hosted by Colin Heaton.

Regarding the above vids , there's a YouTube channel called " Wartime Stories" (bedtime stories sister channel) who have got a few good ones about the Vietnam war.

Not only rock apes but 7 foot tall lizard men/reptillians were reported at the time.

Regarding the above vids , there's a YouTube channel called " Wartime Stories" (bedtime stories sister channel) who have got a few good ones about the Vietnam war.

Not only rock apes but 7 foot tall lizard men/reptillians were reported at the time.
I'd take fortean Vietnam war stories with a pinch of salt as drug use was rife among US forces at the time.

The following video explaining Japanese ghosts & why there are so many of them was suggested on my YouTube list today. I watched it and it's a pretty good breakdown of the main types, why they exist and what they do.

Why are there so many Ghosts in Japan? - Japanese Ghosts & Spirits (History documentary)​

There are a lot of different types of ghosts in Japan, good ones as well as horrifying, scary ones that will haunt you in your sleep. These events are the inspiration for a lot of great horror movies. In this documentary we explain the stories behind these spirits through animation, video, images, audio and more!

The Warren Wannabes?
They screwed me and several others over, which is typical of paranormal grifters. Can't trust anything from them.
Your remark triggers two questions:
1 Sounds like an interesting story if you can or want to tell more.
2 Who is Warren? And what did he do that they are his wannabes?

Your remark triggers two questions:
1 Sounds like an interesting story if you can or want to tell more.
2 Who is Warren? And what did he do that they are his wannabes?
1. Yes, @Sharon Hill, if you can, please tell us.

2. I think Sharon Hill was referencing Ed and Lorraine Warren.

That is the thing on that episode, ultimately debunking the Dybbuk box. It's an in interesting episode if you listen to the whole thing, or at least I thought so.
hmm... interesting that the entire concept of Dybbuk boxes was a hoax from the start, and people who "wanted to believe" ate it like candy and even spent thousands buying them.

An interesting video on a little explored part of the world where there's still a chance that undiscovered creatures and happenings may occur.

5 Unsolved Mysteries Of The Congo Jungle That Cannot Be Explained​

5 unsolved mysteries of the Congo jungle that cannot be explained. Today, we take a look at these 5 unsolved mysteries of the Congo jungle that cannot be explained. Every single year, scientists have been finding the existence of long since believed to be extinct species all across the world, including the existence of many marine animals that were roaming the oceans back during the time of the dinosaurs. One location that's said to house some of these creatures is that of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which seems to be earth’s real life jurassic park. The Congo Jungle, also known as the Congo Basin or the Congo Rainforest, is a vast and dense tropical rainforest that covers a large part of Central Africa.

1. Yes, @Sharon Hill, if you can, please tell us.

2. I think Sharon Hill was referencing Ed and Lorraine Warren.
They took money from supporters without producing the promised content (on IndieGoGo). I used to write for their blog (and promoted their stuff) but they secretly trashed me (and others) while pretending to be friendly. GN publicly insulted me online (called me an "alcoholic mother") in a very ugly scene years ago. (I have never been an alcoholic and why he felt it was appropriate to call out my parenting for no reason except to be an asshole was beyond the pale.) The same kind of juvenile f***ery was confirmed by former associates. They moved on to reinvent themselves and rub elbows with other people who can pump up their career. Maybe they grew up by now. But I could not care less.
Very much Ed and Lorraine Warren-type behavior.

An interesting video on a little explored part of the world where there's still a chance that undiscovered creatures and happenings may occur.

5 Unsolved Mysteries Of The Congo Jungle That Cannot Be Explained​

According to the Wiki page, the Pygmies didn't identify Mokele M'bembe with a drawing of a Brontosaurus at all, but rather with an image of a rhinoceros. The 3-toed tracks and description of Mokele as having one long horn are also consistent with a rhino. Furthermore, tracks pressed deeply into mud will tend to spread, giving the illusion that they came from a larger (i.e. elephant sized) animal rather than a rhino.

The giant (4ft) spider seems impossible, due to the limitations of arachnid tracheae breathing. In any case, the largest spiders don't spin webs. Could it be a misidentification of a large freshwater swamp crab?

The huge snake, spotted by Belgian helicopter pilot Colonel Remy Van Lierde is rather more plausible.
A 40+ ft snake is certainly up there in Titanoboa territory!
Here's a video of the man himself describing the encounter:

Last edited:
Recently I've been listening to these stories. Most of them are scary and weird.
But they're read in a calming voice and are good to fall asleep by :)
This is: How A Benadryl Meme Ruined This Woman's Life - really scary:

Note: I read a lot about drugs and addiction (out of morbid curiosity and interest in neurology) but I never knew salvia could do you harm:

Recently I've been listening to these stories. Most of them are scary and weird.
But they're read in a calming voice and are good to fall asleep by :)
This is: How A Benadryl Meme Ruined This Woman's Life - really scary:

Note: I read a lot about drugs and addiction (out of morbid curiosity and interest in neurology) but I never knew salvia could do you harm:

I originally read "salvia" as "saliva":).

Here's some toxicology info on using salvia:

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/psychedelics/salvia

Back