• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

I've retitled the thread, but I don't know whether that will solve the blockage with the ad blocker enabled. It's now titled:

Music Within Advertisements

I can't think of a synonym to use in the title. Any suggestions?
O'wes about 'Ad-Music?'

O'wes about 'Ad-Music?'
I would think "Ad" would trigger whatever blocker was causing the reported problem.

It doesn't matter now - Mytho has already reported the initial re-titling solved the blockage.

It doesn't matter now - Mytho has already reported the initial re-titling solved the blockage.
Well done 'Mytho'. . .
1629816155126.png

You're not alone - I got one of those earlier too!
Probably doing a minor upgrade behind-the-scenes.
Possibly EnolaGaia installing new wiggle-pin on the aftershaft.

Been getting them all day, it annoying but just need to try again and it works ok.
It's not the fact that it appears that bothers me, more the reason for it. Makes me think t'board might crash.

I haven't had it happen. I've been on for about an hour. Fingers crossed.

When I click on Alerts -

'Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.'

I’ve had the Error 520 as well but found if you refresh the page it loads OK. I think there’s some roadworks going on & a contraflow system is in operation.

These recent error messages occur when the central database (in North America) and the external mirror copy of the database index used by our outboard transaction handler Cloudflare aren't precisely synched.

Some revisions to the central database (e.g., alerts, notices, and major edits) do not necessarily accrete to the database in real time. They are cached and are inserted when the central database updates on a roughly hourly basis. If the Cloudflare mirror version attempts to serve you something that Cloudflare can't validate or obtain from the central database (because it hasn't accreted yet or it's moved to a different location) an error message is generated. Everything gets resolved during the next hourly update at the central database and whenever it is the outboard Cloudflare mirror version updates to reflect those changes.

These recent error messages occur when the central database (in North America) and the external mirror copy of the database index used by our outboard transaction handler Cloudflare aren't precisely synched.

Some revisions to the central database (e.g., alerts, notices, and major edits) do not necessarily accrete to the database in real time. They are cached and are inserted when the central database updates on a roughly hourly basis. If the Cloudflare mirror version attempts to serve you something that Cloudflare can't validate or obtain from the central database (because it hasn't accreted yet or it's moved to a different location) an error message is generated. Everything gets resolved during the next hourly update at the central database and whenever it is the outboard Cloudflare mirror version updates to reflect those changes.
However there were an inordinately large amount of error messages yesterday compared to a normal day.

However there were an inordinately large amount of error messages yesterday compared to a normal day.
... Which I suppose means there was an inordinately high degree of mis-synchronization between the outboard transaction handling service and the central database.

There are many nodes in the outboard service's global network:

https://www.cloudflare.com/network/

I noticed that escargot's initial screen grab of the error display indicated she was being routed through the Paris node. I have no idea why she was being routed there rather than one of the closer nodes in the UK.

I noticed that escargot's initial screen grab of the error display indicated she was being routed through the Paris node. I have no idea why she was being routed there rather than one of the closer nodes in the UK.
I dunno either. That was on my home network. I don't even bother trying t'board when I'm out as my IP is always blocked.

... Which I suppose means there was an inordinately high degree of mis-synchronization between the outboard transaction handling service and the central database.

There are many nodes in the outboard service's global network:

https://www.cloudflare.com/network/

Still getting an unusually frequent amount of errors today, my cloudflare appears to be in Amsterdam for some reason, I'm using a BT wifi hub.

Screenshot_20210901-095852_Chrome.jpg

I got one of these errors too a few minutes ago.

Still getting an unusually frequent amount of errors today, my cloudflare appears to be in Amsterdam for some reason, I'm using a BT wifi hub.

View attachment 44365
I just got that message (obviously with different details) a couple of seconds ago. It's the 1st time I've had it. I pressed the back button & it disappeared.

Yes, if I attempt the action for a second time it always works.
That's good. It's always good when something works the 2nd time around though it would be good if everything worked properly all the time. What gets annoying is when you try something lots of times & they don't work or say you're trying something for 1/2 an hour or more.

Back