• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Could the .webp file extension be added to the allowable image formats? Many sites seem to use this format for their images.
I usually open them in Windows Paint and then save them as a jpeg. You get a message saying any transparency will be lost if you save the picture and just click ok.

I usually open them in Windows Paint and then save them as a jpeg. You get a message saying any transparency will be lost if you save the picture and just click ok.
I do the same, however it makes for extra steps needed to post the image.

I can’t bring up the emojis.
Me either.

Sorry to be a nuisance, but could you be more specific?

Can you access the two menus shown in the screenshot below?

=======================================

Screenshot_20240709_131122_Gallery.jpg

Yithian both lines are greyed out and I can't click on them.
I'm not worried but occasionally like to use something.
Yesterday I was having to click twice on notifications in my email before they worked properly but they seem ok today.

Yithian both lines are greyed out and I can't click on them.
I'm not worried but occasionally like to use something.
Yesterday I was having to click twice on notifications in my email before they worked properly but they seem ok today.

Then it's probably our old friend the discreet grey brackets.

Screenshot_20240709_141832_Samsung Internet.jpg

1) Reload the page.
2) Click 1
3) Click 2 even though it appears to be deactivated (it isn't)

The menus I have shown above will then become active.

I see that two emojis are not displaying for me. See the areas circled in the screenshot:

1720529955708.png

I know we had a similar issue a while back and it took forever to figure out. And yes, this is independent of network, browser, or device.

I see that two emojis are not displaying for me. See the areas circled in the screenshot:

View attachment 79380

I know we had a similar issue a while back and it took forever to figure out. And yes, this is independent of network, browser, or device.
:botp::rasp::huh: Seems to work OK for my intergalactically targeted contraption! (No images mind you!)
***"Blimey, that was quick!" :)

Last edited:

This is Yith, posting from my technical testing account with 'regular' permissions--i.e. those of a non-staff member.

Curiously, I also cannot see those two emoticons you are missing.

The conclusion, I think, must be that the originals to which your 'inserts' point are located on a thread and/or forum that is only visible to staff.

All I have to do is locate them and move them to... wherever the others are.

It might take five minutes or three days.

Buster Out.

View attachment 79380

Usually it is s loading issue for me. Refresh your page and see if that works.

Reactions: Sid
This is Yith posting from my technical testing account with 'regular' permissions--i.e. those of a non-staff member.

Curiously, I also cannot see those two emoticons you are missing.

The conclusion, I think, must be that the originals to which your 'inserts' point are located on a thread and/or forum that is only visible to staff.

All I have to do is locate them and move them to... wherever the others are.

It might take five minutes or three days.

Buster Out.
Mmmmmm Wonder where they could be? Ah, they were on holiday, of course!
1720546254637.png

Last edited:
Could the .webp file extension be added to the allowable image formats? Many sites seem to use this format for their images.

We think it is enabled.

If anybody wants to test this, please do so here.

Back