• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

This is a test... I've redone the smiley as a gif file:
HaHaZebs.gif

EnolaGaia - you could try using this gif as the basis for the system smiley...

Hmmm. Wonder why mine's OK, but the inventory one is not?

I don't know ... It's a frustrating mystery ...

I've renamed the file in case the dash violated some syntax rule. This is clutching at straws, because other smileys have dashes in their names.

Good - glad to learn it's resolved ...

It may have taken a while for one or another of the changes I made to be brought online via a server update.

Good - glad to learn it's resolved ...

It may have taken a while for one or another of the changes I made to be brought online via a server update.
It works for me too, except that the one you're using doesn't have a transparent background.
The gif I created has a transparent background.

I feared a much-worser worse than just the 17-odd hours the forum was down.

Although I'm not as active upon it at present as I'd like to be (due to excessive & nasty IRL) its absence was immediately noted by me, and checked-up on, multiple times per hour.

I'd considered all the most-probable negative possibilities, followed by many of the least-likely extreme situations, then in my final darkest moments of forum fear even contemplated whether angry external forces had taken it down (such as the Falkirk Buskers' Institute or the Carluke Innkeepers Association). But it's back....it lives again! A thousand thankyous to whoever the parachuted-in DBA was, and to whichever switcher at the webhost revived our silenced server....:bdown:
I hope you get your real life sorted out dear, everybody has enough on with this Covid crap, you do not need anything else to compound it, keep safe :angel:

And I would like to thank everyone involved in getting the forum back up and running, :group:
Also like to thank Gordon and Yith for sorting me out :itslove: Cause i cannot remember if i have done it already, crappy memory

We are aware that something is amiss with the forum.
We are not yet aware of the reason that something is amiss with the forum.

If this page took less that two minutes to load, you've been fortunate.

First thing I've been able to load from the forums tonight. Thought maybe because of Christmas day.

Mine is taking about 20 seconds to load a page, a little longer to post a new item, unless it's a picture which takes quite a bit longer. And I've got Fibre Broadband all the way from Virgin.

In the NE USA using Spectrum 20-30 sec/page. Other sites OK. Merry Xmas all mods.

This is an unfortunate repeat of slow-down / bog-down conditions encountered during multiple transient periods circa 10 - 16 hours ago.

This latest round seems more protracted and severe than the last one(s), probably owing to increased load.

Our tech support wizard has been notified and advised of a possible clue to what may be causing or aggravating it.

Wow, it loads really sloooowwwly.
Racking my brains to think of what the cause may be.

This is the only thread I seem to be able to load, although a bit slowly. Guess I'll go and put the solar bird bath together.

Slow loading here also in the US....

Tried to check into web site all day Christmas, but I could not until now at about a little after 7 P.M. Central,Standard Time.

Nothing would even come up until now.

Things appear to have been resolved! Huge thanks to those who took the treacle out of the wheels! :headspinner:

Back