• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Yes, many thanks to the tireless workers, It loaded straight away when I got home from lunch at the oldest's.

You have no idea how many times I ran various diagnostic checks, optimiser apps and rebooted my mobile before realising it was forum specific...

And my phone is fully optimised, because I even downloaded an app to check my battery cells were not at fault...

Yes, genuinely, I did.

Even an online forum deserves a Christmas break I suppose!

Well done for getting it back up to speed.

So now that everything is back to 'normal'......did we get to the bottom of what the problem was?

So now that everything is back to 'normal'......did we get to the bottom of what the problem was?

If I answered 'no', we'd look unprofessional, so I won't say that.

I'll say that owing to operational security I'm not at liberty to divulge such information as it may jeopardise the ongoing stability of the platform.

I could tell you, of course, but then I'd have to kill you; and then there wouldn't have been much point in my telling you.

And it might make a mess.

I could tell you, of course, but then I'd have to kill you; and then there wouldn't have been much point in my telling you.

And it might make a mess.
You can put down plastic sheeting. I think the budget will allow it.

Screenshot_20210107_210016_compress62.jpg

What did I do wrong?

Was it something I said?

Who did I offend?

Was I too flippant?

Did I mention something political?

Genuinely went through all of these options, before...

...realising I was still using a VPN app tried out this morning...

This post submitted under, 'Known Issues' and just a note to alert - took ages to figure out.

No smileys, because it wasn't funny!

... Genuinely went through all of these options, before...
...realising I was still using a VPN app tried out this morning...
This post submitted under, 'Known Issues' and just a note to alert - took ages to figure out.
No smileys, because it wasn't funny!

VPNs anonymize you by allowing you to surf the Web in disguise (as operating from an IP address other than your actual one). It's a convenient service for folks who wish to operate anonymously - including hackers and spammers.

If you arrive at our gates in the guise of a known bad guy, you will be treated as the bad guy you appear to be.

VPNs anonymize you by allowing you to surf the Web in disguise (as operating from an IP address other than your actual one). It's a convenient service for folks who wish to operate anonymously - including hackers and spammers.
Thank you! I didn't quite realise this - it was a trial to access a music video from outside the UK and prohibited unless resident in that country.

It worked, however, I forgot it was still active.

Genuinely thought I had been banned!

Yup, I have read posts where the writer has looked online for somewhere to share a weird experience with people who'll listen without judging. Also, unless people are really uncreative with their usernames/avatars it's anonymous.

I've been here nearly from the start and found the board after searching for the magazine.
I was just reading a poston this forum on my phone in bed, i moved and the screen went from portrait to landscape, nothing unusual there, what was unusual was that a photo of an old football game appeared under one of the posts that definately isnt anything to do with the post and definately isnt there in portrait layout
Screenshot_20210114-230427.jpg

This is what i saw when reading the posts when it went into landscape this is what appeared
Screenshot_20210114-230501.jpg

If you have a thread whete this is more relavent please move it, im now wondering how many other hidden photos there are on here

I've been banned from this site at work due, I assume,
to my Trump comments. Ahahaha.

That's not a hidden photo. It's a photo in McAvennie's signature block, and it's 'there' all the time.

Modest images - even photos - are permitted in members' signature blocks, but few elect to embed images in their sigs. Sig images tend to take up display space for no good reason beyond being decorative.

Its 'surfacing' must have something to do with your display sizing or settings, combined with where the display was 'anchored' (e.g., via cursor location) within the webpage when you shifted between display motifs.

I've been banned from this site at work due, I assume, to my Trump comments. Ahahaha.

???? ... Do you mean:

(a) Your workplace has blocked you from accessing the Forteana Forums, or ...
(b) The Forteana Forums is blocking you when you arrive here from your workplace?

I just found a very perculier image right here in these halliwed halls, i was reading a post in the 'childhood memories thread on my phone whilst laying in bed, i shifted positions my phone switched from portrait to landscape, nothing unusual there, what was unusual was that a photo of an old football match appearded at the end of a post that had no relavence to the post or the thread and is only visable when viewed in landscape
This is the view in portrait
Screenshot_20210114-230427.jpg

And this is the image with the hidden photo when viewed in landscape
Screenshot_20210114-230501.jpg

Now im wondering how many other hidden photos there are here

See explanation above ...

I've been banned from this site at work due, I assume,
to my Trump comments. Ahahaha.

A) No you haven't. If you're blocked, it's a security issue.
B) We announce all bans. Always.
C) I can't recall ever seeing these Trump comments!

Back