• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

I've not had any luck trying to re find my possible pillbox preservation project thread, any of you gents got any advice on that please?. I think I started it in 2018?.

I've done an exhaustive search and I can't find it anywhere.

I remember reading it, so it definitely existed, but it seems to have vanished.

I'll get other mods on the case.

I've not had any luck trying to re find my possible pillbox preservation project thread, any of you gents got any advice on that please?. I think I started it in 2018?.
I think that thread has gone or been merged.

I've done an exhaustive search and I can't find it anywhere.

I remember reading it, so it definitely existed, but it seems to have vanished.

I'll get other mods on the case.
Thanks Yith .. it's probably just a re shuffle thing.

I'm afraid it probably fell to the ravages of my chat purge a few months ago. I did say at the time if you wanted stuff to stay it needed bumping. Quite a lot was hived off into storage but the pillbox one wasn't amongst that - so blame me. And yourself, for not bumping it.

So there's a lesson in there for us all.

Mostly you, though.

..amongst other things...

It has been pointed out to me that my reply above may be read as a bit callous.

Generally, it seems quite favourable. It genuinely needed refocusing, and the emphasis is now more on the Forteana, which is as it should be.
Right. I do however often come across old posts from a few years ago where some are bemoaning the fact that ''this place has gone to shite'', so it's always gone on by the sounds of it.

I didn't think that at all. I just thought you were being informative. Like you stated, you did inform us before you made the changes & you told us exactly what you were going to do & did it.

Last edited:

I did a search under your name and 'pillbox' and several postings were given, including this one.
Was that it?

The camping site is on the same land as the WW2 pillbox I was renovating .. the youth could 'study and regard' the mags inside the pillbox and then return
strangely silent and looking guilty and red faced to the parent's yurt afterwards, yes.

I didn't think that at all. I just being informative. Like you stated, you did inform us before you made the changes & you told us exactly what you were going to do & did it.
I agree a mod's gotta do what a mod's gotta do! Personally speaking I'm finding the board very much more interesting and enjoyable since the changes. :)

I agree a mod's gotta do what a mod's gotta do! Personally speaking I'm finding the board very much more interesting and enjoyable since the changes. :)
I'm a big believer in people saying what they're going to do & doing what they said they were going to do because you know where you stand with people who do what they say they're going to do.

I'm glad you approve of the changes. (I've been doing a lot of browsing & still have a lot more browsing to do before I participate properly. I'm just a very busy person in real life & I've recently been asked to write both a historical fiction book & a poetry book. Writing the poetry book becomes even more time-consuming because most of my poems turn into songs. Lol.) :0)

I'm thick skinned Stu even if you had been trying to be callous .. I'm not very good at reading nuances anyway chap.

That thread was intended to be a sort of cloud in that, when I and the land owner got around to it, we were going to print the whole thread off and make it into a visitor's book as well as a duplicate copy for Cromer Museum who host pillbox walks in the area.

I was at the museum yesterday (geology reasons instead) and one of the curators (Allan who conducts local historical and ghost walks) asked if Fortean Times was still going. "Yeah, it's still going!" .. "And the website?" .. "Just about. Yeah.".

I know you're thick skinned as well Stu, I think that's a fairly accurate assessment what with all the changes this place has been forced to go through what with the magazine dumping us and all.

That pillbox hadn't been researched before, it's a bit my fault to be fair for not backing up those pages .. hopefully a new researcher will be able to get in there although a structure sympathetic to the building has now been built around it so that won't be so easy. I have kept a few artefacts I found inside it as well as all photos taken inside it so all is not lost. I always have a plan B .. just a shit one this time ..

Stay cool.

FYI:

We experienced a fatal forum database crash circa 15 hours ago. This took the entire forum offline. The timing was such that we had to wait until it was daytime in our tech lead's time zone.

FYI:

We experienced a fatal forum database crash circa 15 hours ago. This took the entire forum offline. The timing was such that we had to wait until it was daytime in our tech lead's time zone.
I'm very sorry to hear that but glad you got everything back up & running again. Thank you very much for all your hard work.

Back