• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Freaky Video

chewlip, you haven't been around for ages! WB

Doh.

When someone starts 'advising' re "night time" and "alone", I get all suspicious.,

Blame all those "oh its quiet whats going to happen .... AAAARRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGG! videos that make you jump outta your skin. :shock:

I just don't trust ;em anymore. :cry:

It's not one of those 'jumpy outy' screamer vids - but, although it is mainly made of old clips (the 'ghost' walking across the road is just a smudge on the car's windscreen), it's worth watching just to see the underpants 'flying' out of a drawer!

EDIT - (it's about a minute and a half from the end)...

pants.jpg

All the clips are pretty obvious fakes but it still scared me even though I watched it in daylight.

EDIT: Yes! The underpants are the best bit. I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

Watched it. I like the demon/child in the hallway best. Nearly convincing, but given away totally by the reaction of the guy. He opens the bedroom door, see's the hunched figure, and just closes the door. He then opens the door again and this time the figure is pulling some seriously spookey shapes ... and the guy just closes the door again. Now, in those situations 'apathy' wouldn't be an option. He'd either crap his pants and start shouting/screaming, OR ...if he is really that unphased by it all, he would surely have left the door open and investigated to further? As it was, the guy just kinda went. "oh yeah, a demon in my hallway man, who cares?".

So, good idea, great visuals, awful script. :)

JackDark said:
I like the demon/child in the hallway best. Nearly convincing, but given away totally by the reaction of the guy. He opens the bedroom door, see's the hunched figure, and just closes the door. He then opens the door again and this time the figure is pulling some seriously spookey shapes...

Yeah, in reality - if it was me (and I just happened to shooting with a video camera in the dark) I think I might have just reached over and 'switched the lights on' - and 'lobbed' the camera at the 'girl / spook'(?)!

Yes, obviously faked--and the "thunder" scared my cat!! :lol:

They may be crap fakes but they sure beat Hollywood-style scare tactics. So hats off to the amateur directors. My favourite was the head coming into the top of a window, just the sleek movement did it for me but that was before the kid in the hallway. Nicely done. What made me laugh mostly in the underpants clip was that the strings holding the thing were moving the jesus picture a little when the pants were heading for the ground.

Haha brilliant. :laughing:

mindalai said:
EDIT: Yes! The underpants are the best bit. I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

Wonder if you could train the underpants to go to the laundry basket, it's have to be easy than trying to get hubby to do it :p

It reminded me of Vivians sock in The Young Ones episode where they visit the laundry.

Viv - 'Get in the sack sock'

Sock - 'I'm not going in there, it stinks'!!!

Don't know which was more amusing........

How do you thik they did that last one with the kid in the mirror?
That was pretty cool. I'd also like to know, if they think it's real, why they think it's a demon? Why not just a ghost?

LaurenChurchill said:
How do you thik they did that last one with the kid in the mirror?
presumably some kind of editing software that lets you define an area of the screen and freeze it? the effect doesnt seem the remotest bit freaky to me, just looks like trickery. although the kid is stage three scary anyway.

i got as far as the second 'polt' video where you can hear the child skipping :shock:

too spooky :shock:

Whenever I read 'This footage is real and unedited' it made me laugh - and the bit with the pants is comedy gold!

Where was Acorah though? I fully expected him to be wheeled in to offer channeling to the other side...

"What's that Sam? You smell something?"

Good find Dave.

I'd kind of like to know how the first 2 were made (I just like the look of them). And the one with the person looking in from the top of the window gave me the super heebee jeebees. I don't really believe in ghosts but the one thing to absolutely lock me up with unexplainable fear is looking out a window into the dark and suddenly there is someone there looking back. It's strange because I can (and have) crept through old buildings with minimal lighting without batting an eyelash and walked from the next town over (about 20 miles) in the middle of the night but if I'm indoors at night I take extra precautions to not accidentally look out of the windows.

Is the clip with the freaky "poltergeist" activity with the camera falling off its mount and then freaking out the next day while pointed at the mirror available on YouTube or anywhere else by itself? I don't believe the clip is real by any means, but it's the only one out of that whole batch that kinda glued me to my seat. The special effects were neat, with the second part of the clip being the more enjoyable half, though the kooky "demon voices" were a nice touch throughout.

The one In the Japanese car park clip looks like It's doing a moonwalk. :D

Is that a stick wiggling on the lower right as it starts to move?
And what is that diagonal flash that appears above it?
It looks quite like a blurry spider making a web really close to the lens doesn't it?

jimv1 said:
Is that a stick wiggling on the lower right as it starts to move?
And what is that diagonal flash that appears above it?
It looks quite like a blurry spider making a web really close to the lens doesn't it?
Yes, or a ghostly orangutan, climbing about on the spinning clothes dryer.

Odds are, it's a spider, though.

Oh man, that's just a spider, doing spidery stuff!

Although I really want to believe its the spirit of someone hanging out their washing on that rotary drier. But if you were that ghost how annoyed would you be if the only thing your shade was remembered for in the afterlife was boring domestic chores (as opposed do descending staircases or walking through walls of course!) :)

As soon as it moved I thought insect or spider. No doubt whatsoever. None.

Yes. Same here. It is a spider.

We have one ourselves, that has made its' home iaround our security light. Every night before I go to bed, I watch it moving around and making up a new web, In the day it hides in the bricks. The movements are EXACTLY the same as the one in this vid. I cannot believe that people are trying t pass this off as anything else.

Perhaps the underpants coming out of the drawer were on their way to being used in an abduction? I've heard it said that "underpant elastic" was one of the substances discovered in an abductee's implant.

Maybe it's a method of hitching people up, at convenience? Why use a tractor beam if you can just catch a hook on subcutaneous U.E.?

Another bug/reflection/shadow/ghost caught on CCTV:

Shopping centre camera captures shadow moving around mall
June 05, 2009

"EXTRAORDINARY CCTV footage has captured what could be the ghost of a small child darting across a busy shopping centre.

The shadowy spirit glides in between oblivious shoppers in the eerily clear video, The Sun reports.

The floating phantom figure appears in the bottom right of the screen after a male shopper exits a room to the top left.

It makes its way across the busy concourse and seems to head for the same door the man has just passed through.

The 36-second tape was taken in a shopping mall in Chile, South America, and surfaced on the internet today.

It is alleged the image is the ghost of a small local boy."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25 ... 01,00.html
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... &ATTR=News

It seems to appear as soon as the woman holding the bag enters from the left and disappears as she leaves, at least I think it's the same woman. I'm not sure how it's happening, but my first thought is some kind of shadow, or reflection. And I'm not sure I trust those two guys loitering in the background either.

It seems to move in a very insect like way to me. If it's a ghost, then it's the ghost of a fly that just happens to be walking on the camera.

Back