• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fred Krueger Haunts My Dreams!

HamandCheeseSandwich

Junior Acolyte
Well, I’ve joined on here just to post to say Fred Krueger turns up in my dreams really, and scarily, quite often!

It happened last night again, in fact I was talking to him, this time he was quite menacing and wanted to stick his glove in me, but I actually talked him around to help me and my lass in the weird goings on of my dream.

The thing is I thought, rather naively Fortean, that this was just me.... I absolutely love the first nightmare on elm street so I was maybe thinking that I was, in away ( a scary way!) just appreciating the writing and direction of Wes Craven GRHS!.... but a quick search on Google I carried out a few years back revealed Mr. Krueger visits a LOT of people’s dreams and nightmares! So much so that I think a lot of people believe he is totally real, living in perhaps some evil 3rd or Fourth dimension???

When I was younger he was rather nice to me but in recent years he’s almost always tried to kill me.. it really shits me up!

So, Has Fred Krueger turned up in any of your dreams? Was he nice? Or just down right evil? It would be nice to know!!!! 1,2 Freddys coming for you.... and me :-s

Andrew

Well, I’ve joined on here just to post to say Fred Krueger turns up in my dreams really, and scarily, quite often!

It happened last night again, in fact I was talking to him, this time he was quite menacing and wanted to stick his glove in me, but I actually talked him around to help me and my lass in the weird goings on of my dream.

The thing is I thought, rather naively Fortean, that this was just me.... I absolutely love the first nightmare on elm street so I was maybe thinking that I was, in away ( a scary way!) just appreciating the writing and direction of Wes Craven GRHS!.... but a quick search on Google I carried out a few years back revealed Mr. Krueger visits a LOT of people’s dreams and nightmares! So much so that I think a lot of people believe he is totally real, living in perhaps some evil 3rd or Fourth dimension???

When I was younger he was rather nice to me but in recent years he’s almost always tried to kill me.. it really shits me up!

So, Has Fred Krueger turned up in any of your dreams? Was he nice? Or just down right evil? It would be nice to know!!!! 1,2 Freddys coming for you.... and me :-s

Andrew
Hi and have any of the famous fictitious dream scenarios from the films repeated in your dreams or are you having all new nightmares?
3,4 better lock your door.

Hello there, no , I don’t think so, always new, in fact now you’ve got me thinking about it weird one I had is both the old Robert Englund Freddy and the newer Jackie Haley Freddy were after me ! Haha

A couple of weeks ago, I had another Freddy Krueger nightmare and seen as though I don’t keep a dream diary I thought that every time I have one I’ll put it here.

Usually every time I have a dream with him in I am inside a building with windows that I’m walking about, up to my usual business (This time I was in a log cabin on holiday I think) then I start to get a horrible feeling that he’s outside looking at me even though I can’t or haven’t seen him yet.

It’s always a fairly slow build up of feeling anxious to feeling scared, when I catch a glimpse of his burnt face or stripes jumper, to having a feeling of complete dread, this is when he will appear fully and attack me. This time I went into the garden of the cabin and he started to leg it towards me with a mean look on his face. This is when I wake up sweating and with my heart racing.

I actually mentioned this one to my wife, she said that her mother stopped watching the films because Freddy would haunt her dreams too which wasn’t too surprising as I’m pretty sure he actually does exist

Andrew

I dreamed of him once when I was a young teenager. My sister and her boyfriend were watching one of the movies guring the school summer holidays and I watched it too. It wasn't scary as such but a few months later, I dreamed that I was in my kitchen talking to my sister and he turned up.

He was very polite and we all chatted. He was almost apologetic saying that he had to kill someone and so I volunteered to save my sister. I sat on the kitchen counter top and he plunged his knives into my stomach. It didn't hurt but there was a lot of blood, obviously.

I can't quite remember how it all ended but I am not dead and I haven't dreamt of him since. Obviously he is not real and your idea is a self fulfilling prophecy. He is supposed to come in dreams and so if you dream of him then you are convinced of his existence.

What if I said there was an evil spirit who causes power cuts. Next time there is a power cut, does that mean the evil spirit did it?

I med Fred in a dream and discussed how the real Nightmare on Elm Street was actually the Kennedy Assassination. We discussed semiotics, filmography and the collective unconscious over a couple of beers with a talking plush bumblebee and a blue pig ( I didn't catch their names, sry). Freddy told me he was the son of a damp sock, which at the time I thought was a reference to wet dreams and masturbation fear, but I since have changed my mind and think he might have meant Dab Tsog.

I've never dreamt of Freddy, the only horror film to give me a genuine nightmare after watching it was John Carpenter's In The Mouth Of Madness and I was of adult age when I watched that.

I dreamed of him once when I was a young teenager. My sister and her boyfriend were watching one of the movies guring the school summer holidays and I watched it too. It wasn't scary as such but a few months later, I dreamed that I was in my kitchen talking to my sister and he turned up.

He was very polite and we all chatted. He was almost apologetic saying that he had to kill someone and so I volunteered to save my sister. I sat on the kitchen counter top and he plunged his knives into my stomach. It didn't hurt but there was a lot of blood, obviously.

I can't quite remember how it all ended but I am not dead and I haven't dreamt of him since. Obviously he is not real and your idea is a self fulfilling prophecy. He is supposed to come in dreams and so if you dream of him then you are convinced of his existence.

What if I said there was an evil spirit who causes power cuts. Next time there is a power cut, does that mean the evil spirit did it?

I see what you mean, they are wise words I have had Freddy dreams when he has been nice too

Back