• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Free to a Good Home - Back Issues: 1995 to Present

bripops

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Free to a good home. Fortean Times back issues - number 81 (1995) to 341 (June 2016) almost complete. In Belfast, Northern Ireland - so please collect. Moving house in 2 weeks. Many thanks.

A very decent gesture that! I never get rid of any FTs personally. I'm a book hoarder, as diagnosed by my wife, who hates clutter, I have well over 1500 books in my library :D I would love to get more FT back issues as I don't really have that many. They're brilliant to keep archived for Fortean research, going through the old letter pages and the IHTM section is really interesting.

A very decent gesture that! I never get rid of any FTs personally. I'm a book hoarder, as diagnosed by my wife, who hates clutter, I have well over 1500 books in my library :D I would love to get more FT back issues as I don't really have that many. They're brilliant to keep archived for Fortean research, going through the old letter pages and the IHTM section is really interesting.
Mine are stashed in our spare bedroom for when me or the Mrs (or both) are snoring too loudly o_O .... I back read all of those issues to get myself to sleep .. :)

Mine are stashed in our spare bedroom for when me or the Mrs (or both) are snoring too loudly o_O .... I back read all of those issues to get myself to sleep .. :)

I remember when I could back read them all in a weekend. Now I reckon it would take me a couple of weeks.

I remember when I could back read them all in a weekend. Now I reckon it would take me a couple of weeks.
I just read my back issues in dribs and drabs these days Naughty Felid, I used to have them in an organised stack but I get more fun out of them by keeping them in a disorganised heap on the floor and seeing what I can re find ..

All my back issues go back to issue 141 I think - early 2001, certainly, although I am missing several issues from that year. Being a mix of OCD and pedantic (without being either, just to spite people), they are in chronological order, so sometimes I just haul out an entire years worth and sit up in bed over the weekend and read. Current year of re-read is 2005.

Not having re-read any old issues for a very long time -- and certainly not a range of issues over a long period -- I wonder whether those of you who do/have can identify any trends or patterns in the Forteana: not so much the topics covered (we all know that aliens and men in black were all the rage during the angsty-90s with post-cold war uncertainty and the millenium on the horizon), but more the hermeneutics of the study and the varying tones and techniques employed to get at the truth.

I feel a Foucaudian inspiration coming on here, but I'll wait for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Back