• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Friday The 13th

Re: Friday The 13th?

QuaziWashboard said:
OK so today is Friday the 13th, supposedly the most unluckiest day of the year, has anyone here seen or experienced any evidence towards this?

No - but there's time yet ;)

Benn having such a nice day that I didn't even realise it is Friday the 13th. You don't think I've spoken too soon now have I? :p

I have a really hard Swedish test today. It was supposed to be last Tusday but the course leader suggested, "let's do it on Friday 13th intead" and the whole room just groaned. Wish me luck chaps!

I locked my keys in my flat today - not really bad luck though, just me being careless!

Oh, and good luck Ringo!

Thinking about it, I was actually lucky today rather than unlucky - the front door of the house has a chubb lock, so I couldn't get out without my keys, but there was someone in who could let me out - otherwise I would have been very unlucky!

Friday the 13th this year found me at a fantastic party, having a great time dancing, getting singled out by the gorgeous entertainer on stage, being handed a souvenir scarf by him, which he subsequently autographed while pressing it against my back, and being given a tight hug and kiss on the cheek when I wished him all the best in the future.

I must be a witch. :p

Well friday 13th proved lucky for me. Put my bet on the national on that day.....and won £260 :p

Re: Friday The 13th?

QuaziWashboard said:
OK so today is Friday the 13th, supposedly the most unluckiest day of the year, has anyone here seen or experienced any evidence towards this?
Wasn't there this massacre somewhere by a lake in the US, where a woman went on a rampage and murdered loads of teens on this day, back in the early 80s? Then her disfigured son did the same thing a year or two later and.....

No wait...

Bugger.

QuaziWashboard said:
_Lizard23_ said:
"Superstition brings bad luck" ;)
I'm a Gemini, and us Gemini's don't believe in superstitious nonsense. ;)
But don't you also never know what to expect?

Last friday the thirteenth I felt awful, but nothing particularly unlucky happened to me.

Fallen Angel~ said:
Or maybe in Religion, as I believe the number 13 being unlucky has in roots in xtianity, as Judas, the betrayer, was the 13th disciple.
and friday is the sabbath in judaism

Just a Heads Up...

It's already Friday 13th Down Under and in the Far East, and it's coming to the rest of us within hours! :D

I'm sure everything will turn out absolutely fiFatal error: Call to a member function phpbb_fri13() on a non-object in /home/ft/forum/posting.php on line 23

A friend of my mum's is going on a Mediterranean cruise, sailing today. What, said I, sailing on Friday the thirteenth? Is the captain mad? :lol:

But it seems that in these days of satellite navigational aids and adequate lifeboats there's no room for old-style seagoing superstitions. ;)

There's always norwalk, of course. :shock:

Actually, I have recently come across another date associated with dire misfortune, 28th December.

Following an accident (on the aforesaid date :shock: ) I have had to take things easy (permanantly so) and to keep myself occupied I read a lot.

The 28th Dec is cursed as it is the date of the Massacre of the Innocents and in the past there was a deep reluctance to start any venture, journey or enterprise on that day.

On the plus side it is only one day a year!

Does anyone else know of this dates cursed nature or if there are any stories surrounding it?

:shock: That must be awesomely unlucky.

Back