• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Frogs & Toads Go Pop

A

Anonymous

When I was a nipper, there was a commonly held belief that certain bad lads were going around sticking drinking straws up frogs arseholes and blowing them up like balloons until they burst. Now, I am an animal lover, and I have handled many frogs in my time(Tip: wet your hands first, its more comfortable for the frog) but I have failed to notice any bumhole of note. Furthermore, I think a frog would just slip off the end, dont you?
Has anyone ever witnessed this practice?

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS IT IS HORRIBLE, CRUEL AND PROBABLY ILLEGAL.

I believe I actually advocated that as a punishment for the Janjaweed scum, somewhere on here. Cruel, but fair.

I was probably very, very drunk at the time.

My stepfather (born cira 1945) claimed this was common when he was a kid, he said they used to blow them up then leave them on tramlines :shock:

When I was a schoolboy, at primary school, the school rumour was some boys from the other school (the evil fiends) had blown up a frog with a footpump. Probably just playground rumours though.

hmmm, no-one's mentioned blowing up Crazy Frogs yet ... ;)

Yes some kids did (possibly,still do) do this,but apparently you have to blow really hard to get them to burst,skin can stretch a hell of a lot and as soon as you stop blowing the air comes back out the straw. Frogs have a cloaca (anal, urinary and reproductive opening),how else do you think that they crap,piss and lay spawn?.

ps,dont get me started on frogs,just serch for the Three Frogs thread

So the rumour seems more or less universal but the act itself is quite hard to do?

I can't imagine any of the lads who boasted of it having the patience to perfect an art.

I breathe again. And so do the froggies. :)

This is a bit of a strange one, and not very animal friendly either...It sounds like an urban legend, except rather than FOAF the person involved claimed to have done it himself several times.

Several years ago I had a coursemate who came from Essex. He was not ashamed to admit he had been a bit...rough as a child, and often entertained us with stories of his shenanigans (like the best way to egg a house). One day we were on a fieldtrip and came across a frog, and he told us something he and his mates used to do when they were kids.

First of all you get the frog and cup it in your hands, so both your hands are supporting the frog from underneath. Then you adopt a stance- your feet roughly shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent, bending down with your cupped hands facing upwards, as close to the ground as you could get. Then as quick as possible you straightened your legs and hurled the frog straight up in the air as fast as you could. If you did it quick and hard enough the frog would explode in midair.

We laughed and called him out for bullshit, but he was adamant he’d done it multiple times before. We knew him well and he didn’t appear to be lying, in fact he was insistent. He offered to show us right there and then but we decided it was rather cruel so we’d better leave the frog in one piece!

We debated over this at length and decided that in theory it *could* be possible to do this, since frogs have barely any ribs, so if you threw it up hard enough the force could pop it. Whether or not a young boy could make this much force is open to debate. According to my coursemate the stance was very important to the whole thing.

I’ve never found any answer this, and I don’t fancy throwing frogs about to test it. I don’t believe my coursemate was lying, but it still seems implausible. Has anybody else seen or heard anything like this? Does Essex have unusually delicate frogs? Was exploding frogs a popular childhood activity? I have no idea.

I wouldn't like to be standing under a flying frog when it exploded. I have heard of exploding frogs before, but that was usually because the assassin would blow it up manually, usually with a straw, then stamp on it to make it burst. I believe that's what certain Australians do with cane toads (saw that famous film about them a couple of times).

But flinging it up in the air to execute them does sound hard to believe. Maybe something to do with pressure?

If the frog has a full belly, the sudden acceleration may be enough to rupture its entrails. I say may...

Exploding frogs, IIRC this happened on German/Danish border,something to do with crows learning to peck out livers of toads (most people can't tell diffrerence between frogs and toads) and some other shit or other,google it, I'm too tired to.

Seagulls, it was carbide, like what was used (in ancient times) for pushbike lights,sure I've replied to this sort of stuff before?.

Well heres a frog smoothie.

Frogs from Peru’s Lake Titicaca are the main ingredient in a juice blend that some Andean cultures believe has the power to cure asthma, bronchitis, sluggishness, and even a low sex drive.

To make the mix, which is sold in Peru’s Andes and also at some stands in its capital Lima, vendor Maria Elena Cruz grabs a frog from a small aquarium then kills it by beating it on the counter of her stand.

She peels off the skin and drops it into a blender with carrots, the Peruvian maca root and honey.

The juice is a greenish colour and Cruz serves it in glasses to her customers. ..

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/quir ... 98466.html

Back