• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

original_fLeebLe

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
origins of the illuminati, the hidden history of the world's biggest conspiracy
intelligent dinosaurs
uk saucer sightings
the white witch of rose hall
irelands mystery wildcat
satanic rabbit panic
female masons
real-life unicorn

Mine's here. I will save it until I deserve it. ;)

I hope we will all be buying Mr Dennis's book on how to become a millionaire. He's giving back, people!

gncxx said:
I hope we will all be buying Mr Dennis's book on how to become a millionaire. He's giving back, people!
It certainly worked for him.

Good to see that the ad ended up on the same page as the, er, "feminine massager".

This way I can ignore them both at the same time.

The ads have been doing my head in for a long while. The snippy T-shirts, slasher vids and TV compilations don't even appear in the same spirit as the rest of the mag anymore. The hippy stuff and paranoia pamphlets I can live with and dare say it's dog eat dog at the pointy end of space selling but really, is the core buyer a fresher with a loan to blow on gore pics and message clothing? Sorry to be grumpy but it's actually sourering me to the articles and I find myself folding the cover back so I don't have to see the marketing.

did anyone else mag arrive with a lot of the pages stuck together near the spine? or has my rather amerous postman managed to get his jollies off all over my copy?

It'll be the advert on the back cover that's made him come over all funny...

There's some good articles this month, the White Witch of Rose Hall, would make a good psychological thriller.

Mine has yet to arrive - with everyone else enjoying theirs, I feel left out! :cry:

Patience. You'll get it as soon as ihatethatmonkee3's postman's finished with it. :twisted:

i just can't understand why he did that to my ft but left my copy of big jugs monthly alone? :?

As mine still hasn't arrived yet, I dread to think what the postman is doing with it :shock:

Speaking of ads, did anyone see that one concerning a book about some global conspiracy/London olympics type thing? (I don't have my copy to hand, so please excuse the vagueness)

Look carefully at the ad, and you'll see that the mock-up of the London 2012 logo has been sort of, uh, 'manipulated' to form the word 'zion'.

So what could that be all about then?

Surely not another 'Jews are behind it all' conspiracy, is it?

Not that I'll be buying the book to find out, in any case. And I'd have thought that FTs ad department might have at least seen the ad themselves, and maybe raised a few questions with publisher before deciding to place it.

Funnily enough the "ZION" thing in the ad is more offensive than the other way of looking at the Olympics logo.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive! Patience may be a virtue, but it doesn't cover waiting for Fortean Times to arrive!

i think you shoudl now really get in touch with the subscriptions crew as it is over a nearly a week since it was out on the stands.

Mine just arrived about half an hour ago! I haven't read it yet (it's still in its plastic enveolope), but intend to have it read by the time I pop into bed this evening! Am interested in the big brained reptilians (aren't they meant to be the English Royal Family?!).

ihatethatmonkee3 said:
i just can't understand why he did that to my ft but left my copy of big jugs monthly alone? :?
Maybe he's just not interested in pottery?

Got mine Monday, but only just started on it last night.

I was disappointed with the 'IHTM' section, particularly the first story. Some guy got bird poo on his car and then stepped in some dog poo deposited by a commuting dog walker. Is this really worth printing???

Anome_ said:
ihatethatmonkee3 said:
Maybe he's just not interested in pottery?

Got mine Monday, but only just started on it last night.

damn you, you took my punchline, i had the picture of the jugs and everything ready! :lol:

I found this issue really disappointing, the Illuminati feature was so random. Lots of information about Qaballah, but I couldn't understand how it linked to the society. I think before I buy the magazine based on a cover feature again, I'll have a quick scan and make sure its worth it.

celticrose said:
I found this issue really disappointing, the Illuminati feature was so random. Lots of information about Qaballah, but I couldn't understand how it linked to the society. I think before I buy the magazine based on a cover feature again, I'll have a quick scan and make sure its worth it.

Fortean Times is always worth it, even if it is just for the Strange Days section. Sometimes I have no real interest in the Feature article, but the rest of the magazine always makes up for it.

celticrose said:
I found this issue really disappointing, the Illuminati feature was so random. Lots of information about Qaballah, but I couldn't understand how it linked to the society.

The idea seems to be that the original Illuminati groups were basically a form of Qaballism (?sp), and the same ideas got picked up by lots of others. There in't one single group of Illuminati, but lots of the groups out there supposed to be associated with them - Masons, Rosicrucians etc - all have the same Qaballistic 'mythology'.

Maybe we all have to find our own Illumination?

Or perhaps the cardgame Illuminati is chillingly accurate and not just loosely based on the novels.

Or somesuch.

And now we wait for the next issue (surley the hardest part of being a Fortean is waiting for the next does of High Octane Weirdness!)

Back