• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT329

XEPER_

Death to all but metal
Just arrived, looks pretty good with some stuff on werewolves. The pages seem to be curling up in a strange manner which I've never seen before though...Anyone else notice that? I wonder if they've switched to thinner paper.

I notice a news piece on the weird "sky sounds" people have apparently been hearing for a couple of years. I read a thread on Above Top Secret about them a while ago and watched some of the vids - they're pretty freaky but I'm sure the vast majority of them (including the ones shown in the FT piece) have been thoroughly debunked.

Last edited:
It seems those pesky Hare Krishna ninjas have 'got' to Karl Shuker. In page 21's Alien Zoo he posted a still from the followng video...
...in order to propagate the misinformation that it's a CGI demonstration, rather than a clear manifestation of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. We have to stand up to the Hare Krishna ninjas for truth, Doctor Shuker!

In fact, it's a pretty cryptozoology heavy issue this month. I'm looking to reading the cover article, 'The Morbach Monster', as well as the gift giving crows Strange Days piece (I love animal intelligence stories), and the forum piece about the yarri. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the recent Sky Living serial, The Enfield Haunting, but, nevertheless, I'm interested to read what Guy Lyon Playfair has to say about it.

Just flicking through, this might be one of my favourite FTs of recent times.

Darn it, I was writing mine as you posted yours.:)

Darn it, I was writing mine as you posted yours.:)

My postman must be earlier than everyone else's. Nearly two o'clock eh, remember the good old days when your post came before you left for school/work in the morning?!

My postman must be earlier than everyone else's. Nearly two o'clock eh, remember the good old days when your post came before you left for school/work in the morning?!
I actually got mine at about ten this morning. I've been rewatching the first series of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., when obviously I should have been posting on here.:)

I actually got mine at about ten this morning. I've been rewatching the first series of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., when obviously I should have been posting on here.:)

As soon as mine comes I just drop everything and get on the laptop so I can be first to say I've got it. :p

It's a Navigator from Dune!

Untitleddunav1.jpg

Haven't had a chance to peruse this issue much, but I will say I never add oil to my pasta and it doesn't stick.

Got mine the other day, first time i have ever had one, i have it on subscription, i enjoyed it, now i await my mug :D

I still have the 20th anniversary mug I got when I first subscribed. It's really lasted - good value!

I still have the 20th anniversary mug I got when I first subscribed. It's really lasted - good value!

I had about four or five subscribers mugs over the years but the wife threw them all in the fucking bin. :eek:

As an Australian subscriber, I don't seem to have any Fortean Mugs! Pity! I'll just have to Make Do with my Doctor Who mugs!

Got mine this morning, as not really 'into' mystical beasts and the like, I flicked for about 20 minutes and then got bored with this edition :(.

I liked the main German werewolf article because it was about an urban myth, which I always find interesting. The second one was less convincing (werewolf means manwolf, missus) and I bet the lady in question would not have been too happy the last few paras basically quoted someone who knew more than her saying she was talking shite.

Hunt Emerson's page was laugh out loud funny this ish. And a Mike Dash article is not to be sniffed at.

Also, glad there wasn't a photo of a dying dog in the ads pages for the first time in a while.

One of the downsides to living in Australia is having to wait for FT to arrive from England! Glad when it does, though!

One of the downsides to living in Australia is having to wait for FT to arrive from England! Glad when it does, though!

One of the downsides to living in Ireland is having to wait for FT to arrive from England! Glad when it does, though!!

I'm still waiting as well.

One of the downsides to living in Ireland is having to wait for FT to arrive from England! Glad when it does, though!!

The biggest upside to living in England, and I mean the absolute biggest, and I'm surprised political parties don't make policy around it, is getting FT before people in other countries.

I've especially enjoyed this ish. I found all of the articles entertaining, and some genuinely surprising.

The biggest upside to living in England, and I mean the absolute biggest, and I'm surprised political parties don't make policy around it, is getting FT before people in other countries.

I've especially enjoyed this ish. I found all of the articles entertaining, and some genuinely surprising.

Its sent to Ireland by second class duck mail: the duck swims & waddles.

All this talk of mugs is making me realise I shouldn't have just continued subscribing continuously for over 15 years, but keep on cancelling and resubscribing :(.

Tell me about it. I've got some manky old mouse mat.

Who uses mouse mats nowadays?

I had a mouse mat, kids wrecked it and the cat smashed my mug. I've re subscribed for a forTEAn mug :)
I missed IHTM this issue :(

I use a super douper corsair gaming mat, i hope it turns a duffer into a leet player.....i hope in vain

The only time I have had an issue of FT arrive early was last August - it arrived the day before it went on sale in England, and I was still waiting for the previous issue to arrive. That issue arrived two days later!

Back