• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT336

A question: what do you need to do for FT to be credited as a "special correspondent"? What are the criteria?

I dunno. You need to be 'special'? :D

A question: what do you need to do for FT to be credited as a "special correspondent"? What are the criteria?
"Special Correspondent" is just Bob and Paul's way of thanking those who frequently send in news clippings or otherwise contribute story links for use in the mag. It's not a paid position and it's not something you can apply for (when I was sub-editor, I did get a phone call from someone who did just that... had to let him down easy...).

I'd been in the "Spec. Corr." list for many, many years before I joined the staff, and then my name disappeared because finding oodles of weird news stories was kind of part of the job description. After I left, I carried on as I always had done, and, while my name showed up in the "Clipsters this issue" list, it was quite a while before it appeared amongst the "Spec. Corr." names.

I'm not sure just what Paul's criteria are, but the "Clipsters this issue" parade shows those whose news clipping(s) was/were used in the particular issue you're holding in your mitts, and if your name keeps on sneaking in there on a regular basis, sooner or later it will magically transmute to "Special Correspondent" status.

Hope that clears things up.

I don't think that's one of the eldritch mysteries that will have the Illuminati / Brotherhood of the Rosy Cross / MI6 / Tyrone Power Found Kicks Society In The Sky on my case. On the other hand, if you don't hear from me again...

"Intrigued that FT336 has a Kibbo Kift article..."

I was at the Farnham beer festival on Saturday and spotted posters advertising an open day at a local scout hut, by these guys, who shared a history with the Kibbo Kift and seem to be their natural successors (albeit it without the military overtones):

https://www.woodcraft.org.uk/history

Back