• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT363

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I had the latest issue delivered yesterday, impressive seeing as it's the February issue and mine arrived on the 26th Jan ! .. top work team Fortean Times and it looks like a juicy issue with loads to wade through :twothumbs:

I had the latest issue delivered yesterday, impressive seeing as it's the February issue and mine arrived on the 26th Jan ! .. top work team Fortean Times and it looks like a juicy issue with loads to wade through :twothumbs:

Huh, I only got 362 yesterday.

I've only flicked through it so far, I'm looking forward to reading the phone calls from the dead article, that happened to a girl in my year at school .. her boyfriend was also in my year but died in a motorbike accident, his mates were going around trying to find out who'd prank called her to beat someone up but she swore it was his (dead boyfriend's) voice .. I haven't even thought about that in years ..

First week of February, I'd imagine.

Read the Phone Calls from the Dead article, and it was very interesting (if jargon-filled) but not what I was expecting from that title. Not sure what a better title would be.

No Mythconceptions? Boo!

The letter about The Ashes made Oi larf.

I saw it contained a full-page advert for Erich Von Daniken's latest book "Impossible Truths" .

I was lucky enough to receive a free advance copy through Amazon and finished it last week. It doesn't really cover much new ground and he still holds to the Klerksdorp spheres and that spark plug embedded in a concretion as genuine OOPARTS. It is though, gorgeously illustrated with colour photos on almost every page and it's just kinda comforting to know that he's still going strong into his 80's. Well worth reading.

Norfolk is perfectly civilised now, they have stopped burning virgins at midsummer! Only because they couldn't find any virgins...or a summer
There are virgins in Norfolk if they can run faster than their brothers.

'Cannibal' Britons arrived here for first time 950,000 years ago - and lived in Norfolk
By Fiona Macrae for the Daily Mail

Norfolk is the cradle of British civilisation, according to a landmark study.

Primitive humans made prehistoric rivers and forests of East Anglia their home, a landmark study has found.

'Norfolk Man' arrived up to 950,000 years ago and settled near what today is the village of Happisburgh, making it cradle of British civilisation.

There were several thousand of them - characterised by low foreheads, heavy brows and possible cannibalistic tendencies - hunting fish, mammoths, giant elk and deer.

Happisburgh yesterday ..

anorfolkman.jpg

An artist's impression of Happisburgh, Norfolk, more than 800,000 years ago, when scientists believe it was occupied by an ancient race of humans

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...0-years-ago--lived-Norfolk.html#ixzz55zmM2h8e

Norfolk's been getting a real bashing around here lately!

They'll drag us into the sea and eat us. Descended from cannibals who interbred with aquatic apes.
None of that's true Ramon! .. although we do still habitually skin visitors to make clothing, we've got a Morrisons these days.

I've just found 5 copies of FT in our loft I haven't read for ages to get back on track :), that should tied me over until 364 ..

I must correct one misconception of Norfolk life; cannibalism has been almost completely outlawed, at least around my part of Fakenham. But I believe there was one isolated case in Melton Constable just before Christmas. Can anyone throw any light on that one?

(Are there an unusually large number of Norfolk inhabitants on this forum?)

But I believe there was one isolated case in Melton Constable just before Christmas. Can anyone throw any light on that one?
Can't find any news reports.
Sounds like a bad place to be a policeman.

None of that's true Ramon! .. although we do still habitually skin visitors to make clothing, we've got a Morrisons these days.

I've just found 5 copies of FT in our loft I haven't read for ages to get back on track :), that should tied me over until 364 ..

I shudder to think what else might be in your attic.

Can't find any news reports.
Sounds like a bad place to be a policeman.
What's a policeman ? .. joking aside, there's less police officers here than anywhere I've ever lived so I think that's a compliment to Norfolkians.

I must correct one misconception of Norfolk life; cannibalism has been almost completely outlawed, at least around my part of Fakenham. But I believe there was one isolated case in Melton Constable just before Christmas. Can anyone throw any light on that one?

Yeah sorry about that .. I had the munchies.

Back