• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Er....haud on. Where the f**k's the podcast section?

:pitch:

Enjoyed this issue, but was slightly concerned when I read Phenomenix and misread the character Dino-boy as Dinobot!

Incidentally, the Jayne Mansfield was a Satanist (only she probably wasn't) documentary is better than the review makes it sound.

read the short about the surgeon who "autographed" a patient's liver with his initials S.B. I'm sure this has happened at least once before: a doctor in the USA initialled his work while stitching up a patient and carved his initials into the patient's skin at the end of a row of stiches - with a scalpel - on the grounds that every piece of art needed a signature, or something. He had mental health issues and was struck off the register and the hospital had to pay quite a lot in compensation, as I recall - looking for the case and further details. I also recall reading something about a surgeon in Germany after WW2. In this case he was described as being far too old to practice and suspected of suffering from Alzheimers, but Germany had lost so many doctors in the war that they had to take what they could get to fill the gaps - this brain surgeon was still there approaching eighty, and apparently his initials went somewhere inside the patient's skull but not in the brain tissue itself. There's quite an interesting fortean sub-set emerging here!
Here's another case, here in Britain this time:
https://www.iflscience.com/health-a...s6dJKiw5wev3VfE3UURrglI1pknGUNKNLpkahyyQqv1HA

Reactions: Jim
Back