FT 375

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Got mine yesterday, had a fair look at it today, read the letters page anyway (which seemed to include more annoyed people than usual, sad to say). The IHTM bloke certainly hit the jackpot - three stories, one after the other! Will see about the articles over the weekend. Lovely to read the Marvel letter in the editorial, that must have taken some excavation.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Plenty of spirit photography from a century ago this issue, but... does anyone find them remotely convincing now? They look as fake as can be. That Abraham Lincoln one is ridiculous. Is it damning that nobody offers spirit photography as a service these days?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Gotta congratulate SD Tucker for the sheer volume of poo-based puns in his Doctor Poolittle article. Just when I thought he'd exhausted them, there were more to come. It was kind of metaphorical by the end.

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Got mine yesterday, looking good so far, doing my usual first reading ritual, Randles/IHTM/Strange Deaths.

AgProv

Master of Uncertainty and Doubt
That sidebar picture of Madame Blavatsky on page 56... it has finally dawned on me why she and Aleistar Crowley were never seen together in the same place. Damn, this could be a best-selling work of research, done with the expected degree of diligent fact-checking, crossed-finger conjecture and hope that if it's sensational enough, nobody's going to call me out on my assertions... take a close look. That's Aleistar Crowley in drag and an unconvincing wig. It is so obvious... every so often he dragged up, put on a persona, and spread the Great Work in his distaff incarnation. Perfect. now all I need o do is write it and get a publisher interested.... ka-CHING! $$$$ and £££ and hopefully quite a few €€€€...