FT 383

titch

Justified & Ancient
Charles Manson, the temple of satan and the worlds weirdest bets , i doubt this issue will live long in my memory

titch

Justified & Ancient
Nils Grande has died, his letters where always interesting.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
I lay in bed and read it all, no interruptions, and I loved it all, usually I have work or something so usually only read bits and bobs

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Got mine a couple of days ago, enoying it so far, haven't spotted anything I don't like. But I'm easily pleased! Good IHTM stories too.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Yes, the disappearing pub IHTM reminded me of our transdimensional gas station. Though I suspect he simply wasn't where he thought he was. However you would do that...

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Yes, the disappearing pub IHTM reminded me of our transdimensional gas station. Though I suspect he simply wasn't where he thought he was. However you would do that...
There is a similar story I read a few weeks ago in Borderlands by Mike Dash, I'm sure it's the same one mentioned in the Editor's note to this FT's IHTM story.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Borderlands is a great book! Wish there was a sequel.

oroadfc2

Fresh Blood
My suspicion is he thought the pass over blea tarn (the one before wrynose pass if you're walking through from great langdale) was wrynose pass, and they headed in the Old Dungeon Ghyll - a walkers pub known for it's spartan interior, and about 100 yards down a track to the right

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/the-old-dungeon-ghyll.html

Probably looks a bit grander than a farmhouse, but i'm not sure if it's been extended - the slate bit looks new

GNC

King-Sized Canary
My suspicion is he thought the pass over blea tarn (the one before wrynose pass if you're walking through from great langdale) was wrynose pass, and they headed in the Old Dungeon Ghyll - a walkers pub known for it's spartan interior, and about 100 yards down a track to the right

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/the-old-dungeon-ghyll.html

Probably looks a bit grander than a farmhouse, but i'm not sure if it's been extended - the slate bit looks new
Yes, I'm guessing you have some local knowledge? That would make sense - you could e-mail the mag with your explanation.

oroadfc2

Fresh Blood
Well, I'm from cumbria and camped a few times in that area but I'm no wainwright bagger. We did once camp on wrynose pass by accident (the radiator on one of our cars gave up), and it is indeed a lot bleaker than great langdale which is fairly pastoral on the valley floor. As the writer noted it seemed a lot bleaker than he remembered too that also got me thinking about where he could have originally been.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Good intuitive work, nonetheless. Thanks.

Sharon Hill

Complicated biological machine
The features in this issue were mainly a flip through for me. I prefer more classical fortean topics. I don't care about a guy who wrote weird songs. The Manson article was weak. Is Satanism Fortean? Kind of interesting but seems off-topic.