• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT384

titch

Justified & Ancient
After last months very disappointing issue, one of the worst ever, this months looks....a little better, the beatles and the rise of pop music conspiracy theories, Miguel serrano, the hill abduction on film and mystery air raids.

I thought last issue was actually quite interesting...

"The late Matt Groening" ? The conspirasphere p 5. Is Noel Rooney confusing Matt Groening with Sam Simon? Or does he know something we don't? I'm off to check every episode of the Simpsons and Futurama for hidden clues.

I haven't got mine yet. It should be the first issue of my sub. Should I get on to the subscription people yet or wait some more?

I haven't got mine yet. It should be the first issue of my sub. Should I get on to the subscription people yet or wait some more?
If it's not arrived by now I would get in touch with them

My subscription copy arrived on Saturday! Cover looks great.

Mystery air raids article seems very well-written, but I might be biased.

On Facebook the mag said some issues had gone astray, if you hadn't received yours give it a few days then get in touch with them, that was a few days ago.

It's arrived! Yay.

Thanks guys.

The mug was smashed when it arrived so I asked them to send another, which they said they would. It's not a deal breaker if it doesn't get to me.

It's nice to be a subscriber again.

Welcome aboard!

Liked the article on the Fabs, but their cultural influence always fascinates me. Can't imagine what an entire book making stuff up about them being Communists would be like (well, I can: not good).

"The late Matt Groening" ? The conspirasphere p 5. Is Noel Rooney confusing Matt Groening with Sam Simon? Or does he know something we don't? I'm off to check every episode of the Simpsons and Futurama for hidden clues.

Yes, I've just read that very sentence. I was thinking "How did I miss that piece of news?".

A quick Google shows I haven't missed it. It hasn't happened.....

I got the new mug too. It is a good mug. The issue was pretty interesting - I am quite liking all this pop stuff recently.

Yes, I've just read that very sentence. I was thinking "How did I miss that piece of news?".

I think Mr. Rooney is telling us that Groening was replaced with a lookalike in 1992 following his death in a monorail accident. Clues include Maude Flanders' death by T-shirt cannon, a clear reference to Tabitha Wheelwright's death by foul ball in John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany. (Groening's father notoriously hated baseball.)

Has anyone contacted the magazine or Rooney about the "late Matt Groening" line? I'll do it if I have to, but I've reported more than my share of errors in the past.

Has anyone contacted the magazine or Rooney about the "late Matt Groening" line? I'll do it if I have to, but I've reported more than my share of errors in the past.

Yes, half the Editorial in FT385 is given over to it.

Also the caption in Peter Brookesmith's UFO column places the Little Ale'Inn in Rachel, NM, when it is in NV. Tsk tsk.

Back