• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT386

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Egyptian Gothic! Cursed mummies, haunted museums!

Scramble, UFOs!

The centenary of Fort's Book of the Damned.

maximus otter

Yep just this second got mine as well, looks good, will read later

Mine's arrived too, got it early for a change! Only had a chance to survey the sidelines and my usual first port of call, Mythconceptions, so far.

I haven't had a good laugh at the Strange Deaths in a while, in the good old days of a few years ago, folks had the common decency to expire in more hilarious ways.

still no sign of mine, i am OUTRAGED. I live in London not Cromer-by the bog

Ancient Egyptian article excellent, all the better for being a bumper one. Absorbing to read the cultural hoo-hah around the discovery of mummies and their unwrapping, lots of food for thought. Bravo! Never knew Louisa May Alcott wrote a mummy horror story, either, how about a film of that instead of Little Women for the umpteenth time?

Still no sign of my issue, manage my mags say to wait 10 days before getting in touch with them ,why? My copy has obviously been stolen by a Cromeronian

Still no sign of my issue, manage my mags say to wait 10 days before getting in touch with them ,why? My copy has obviously been stolen by a Cromeronian

Being illiterate, what would they want it for?

Just bought my copy from Easons as usual today. Looking forward to going through it.

Great issue, worth the read. Going by the issue number, we're a year away from issue 400...

The long "It happened to me" letter was very interesting and creepy. A woman, who as a young girl, saw a malicious child-sized black "imp" in her grandfather's house. The grandfather laughed it off. When though he was approaching death and suffering from dementia, he complained that a black boy would appear and pinch him.
An old term for senility was "to enter your second childhood". Do cases like this suggest that children, or adults with a child-like intellect, are more susceptible to seeing such paranormal entities?

... An old term for senility was "to enter your second childhood". Do cases like this suggest that children, or adults with a child-like intellect, are more susceptible to seeing such paranormal entities?

In relation to child-like intellect (as opposed to diminished / corrupted sensory or perceptual capabilities) ...

I think it may have more to do with increased susceptibility to interpreting anomalies in paranormal terms than an increased susceptibility to perceiving the anomalies in the first place.

Still no sign of my copy, or my replacement, I told them last night and have been told this morning a replacement replacement should be here in 5 days.

Still no sign of my copy, or my replacement, I told them last night and have been told this morning a replacement replacement should be here in 5 days.

I also haven't received a copy, or a replacement, or a replacement replacement - told them this morning and they told me this morning that they won't re-send it but will add an extra copy to my subscription... I don't have any other problems with post so I don't understand how 3 copies have all got lost!

I also haven't received a copy, or a replacement, or a replacement replacement - told them this morning and they told me this morning that they won't re-send it but will add an extra copy to my subscription... I don't have any other problems with post so I don't understand how 3 copies have all got lost!

Exact same problem as me! I rarely get the original copy and replacements have gone missing. No problems with other post. I only have a copy of FT386 because I was sent it by reviews Ed, I have a book review in it.

I don't subscribe to the magazine but merely pop down to my newsagent and pick up a copy there. It works for me. I seem to be able to get my copy there on the day of release or shortly after and still before some of the subscribers here, which is a little odd and frustrating for them I am sure.

Really enjoyed this FT and 385, especially liked Ulrich Magin's article on The Book of the Damned. The Black Imp in IHTM was interesting too. Plenty of good stuff in this issue!

i got back from a weeks holiday to find a replacement and a replacement replacement waiting for me!

Back