• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT388

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
just dropped through the letterbox.
Cecil Hotel headlining with all the usual supporting columns and an article on Showers of Stones by Karen Stollznow of the Monster Talk podcast.
should alleviate the post Xmas boredom for a couple of hours.

T63

Came home from work to find the magazine on the floor, unexpected and looks a good issue.

Came home from work to find the magazine on the floor, unexpected and looks a good issue.

Got mine too, though I was expecting it - four weeks from FT387 was Saturday.
There's a bit of a hauntings theme: Cecil Hotel, the stone throwing Aussie polt and the long article is Peter McCue on England's spooky forests.

Last edited:
Never heard about the smalls lighthouse tragedy before....bloody Nora! But I was amused by the line "Griffith had become ill" being dead is quite a severe illness I suppose.

Mine arrived today, spent some of the afternoon engrossed in it. The Australian poltergeist article was particularly good. Some nice anecdotes in the haunted forest article too.

The Australian poltergeist article was particularly good.

That article was more like a cover article. The cover article on the Cecil Hotel was a disappointment. It was cursory - just a visit to the place and some scattered observations. It is actually only part of a longer article on ghost watching.

The Australian poltergeist article was particularly good.

That article was more like a cover article. The cover article on the Cecil Hotel was a disappointment. It was cursory - just a visit to the place and some scattered observations. It is actually only part of a longer article on ghost watching.

I agree, seemed like very thin content too get a cover feature. Both the weird English forests, and Aussie polt seemed more deserving to me.

My copy arrived today. One week before the next issue is due out. But at least it's here!

I suspect that deliveries to Skaro are pretty difficult without a regular Tardis service.
And what makes you think Australia Post doesn't employ a Tardis? It doesn't always take you where you want to go, but where you need to go...

My favourite bit is always the ‘It Happened to me’ (I still want more of those books). Anyway I was a bit disappointed with the none story that needed you to go and look it up on the internet to see the video. Is that the best they can do?

My favourite bit is always the ‘It Happened to me’ (I still want more of those books). Anyway I was a bit disappointed with the none story that needed you to go and look it up on the internet to see the video. Is that the best they can do?

Was that the one about the oubliette? I was at least hoping for a far-off wailing "Let me out!" But it seemed more like a kid's imagination freaking him out.

Was that the one about the oubliette? I was at least hoping for a far-off wailing "Let me out!" But it seemed more like a kid's imagination freaking him out.

it was the Skinwalker Entity story.

Arrived last Friday for me (N.S.W Australia). Only had a quick flick through so far. Cecil Hotel story looks interesting.

The picture of "Spooky Woods" on page 38 reminded me of a small piece of land in the village I grew up in (Sea Cliff, NY) nicknamed "Spooky Park" - not as thickly wooded, but a similar vibe. I hadn't head of it until a friend told me he was interested in a house that was listed as "near Spooky Park". I went to look and confirmed that it was indeed spooky. I found out later that most believe the nickname only referred to a dog named Spooky that liked to hang out there.

The picture of "Spooky Woods" on page 38 reminded me of a small piece of land in the village I grew up in (Sea Cliff, NY) nicknamed "Spooky Park" - not as thickly wooded, but a similar vibe. I hadn't head of it until a friend told me he was interested in a house that was listed as "near Spooky Park". I went to look and confirmed that it was indeed spooky. I found out later that most believe the nickname only referred to a dog named Spooky that liked to hang out there.

Did he eat Spooky Snacks?

The cat who shot the owner... not an accident. Well, it could have been...

"Hey, accidents happen. I was aiming for that bloody mouse."

Or else...

"That's what you get for feeding me ASDA own-label cat food, you cheap bastard! Next time, get the good stuff!"

Interesting Peter Brooksmith. The idea that UFOs, the form they take, and the explanations for them, are an extrusion of the dominant social angst of the time. As if cllective unease and the stuff repressed down into the collective consciousness is finding its way out that way.

so... what sort of pus is about to squirt from the body sociopolitic right now, in 2020? UFO's over Britain, a cunning way of infiltrating illegal immigrants... or they come out of some fiendish research establishment in Germany and work for the EU...

Interesting Peter Brooksmith. The idea that UFOs, the form they take, and the explanations for them, are an extrusion of the dominant social angst of the time. As if cllective unease and the stuff repressed down into the collective consciousness is finding its way out that way.

so... what sort of pus is about to squirt from the body sociopolitic right now, in 2020? UFO's over Britain, a cunning way of infiltrating illegal immigrants... or they come out of some fiendish research establishment in Germany and work for the EU...

An interesting idea, I just wish he wasn't so bloody obnoxious in his writing style.

The Guyra Ghost article was really interesting for me as I live about 1 1/2 hours away and drive through Guyra quite regularly, yet I'd never heard this story before. Will definitely be looking out for the house next time I am there.

As far as I am aware this is only the second mention of a fortean event in my local area since I started reading FT about 20 years ago. The first was a time slip event mentioned by Jenny Randles.

September 2020. ye Gods, I wish I'd never asked this back in February. (Came here while searching for a past discussion... can I find it...)

Back