FT 391

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Yes, got mine this morning, thank heavens for the postal service, and the FT sallying forth in uncertain times. With fewer people going out, I wonder if Forteana reports will diminish?

titch

Justified & Ancient
Looks a stonkingly good issue, hats off to the postie and FT staff.
:boozing:

Ogdred Weary

Resurrectionist
Yes, got mine this morning, thank heavens for the postal service, and the FT sallying forth in uncertain times. With fewer people going out, I wonder if Forteana reports will diminish?
I assume there'll be a rise in domestic cases.

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
It does look very good, I agree!

Is anyone that subscribes to FT going to uptake the unexpected free lottery tickets offer? Unusual thing to do...it's just for "loyal subscribers, so presumably that is all subscribers?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I don't gamble, so I just threw them out. Weird gift, is the Lottery experiencing a downturn in gamblers?

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
I don't gamble
I only gamble via the UK National Lottery, so the odd concept of being given free entries into that pointless endevour does deserve a bit of a checkover.

I'm partly-convinced that the Lottery (in all its reflavoured varieties) is a total waste of money. But because I used to line-manage someone who won £1M on the Lotto (back in the late 1990s I think), I still retain a tiny hope that it can work.

She bought a new trouser suit, a fast Audi convertible, and had a week's holiday in Brighton, then went back to work and never mentioned it again. She will be retired by now....as will her husband, who already owned a very-successful building company (a two Range Rovers / posh office / golf-two-days-a-week kind-of company).

Nothing in life is ever fair.....or it wouldn't be life <sigh>

oxo66

Junior Acolyte
I don't gamble, so I just threw them out. Weird gift, is the Lottery experiencing a downturn in gamblers?
There's no National Lottery branding on the 'gift', it's not from them. This is lottery entering service (why do punters need such a service?) called 'Yourlottoservice UK ltd' You pay a monthly subscription to their service and join a syndicate that plays the National Lottery or Euromillions on your behalf. Their website doesn't say what their commission rates are: I think you are told this once you subscribe.
Terms and conditions also state " If you only enter the Free Lines Offer and do not subscribe to join a Syndicate, the Order Confirmation confirms your participation in the Free Lines Offer" This means you can get your free entry without giving them your bank details, which is confirmed later in the terms and conditions. But you do have to give them address, phone number and email so the potential for follow up pestering is still there.

O

Last edited:

titch

Justified & Ancient
S D Tucker IS capable of thoughtful and intelligent work if he leaves off with the politics.

A really good issue, well done to everyone involved in its publication and delivery.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Got this by email this morning:

Dear Subscriber,
We are dedicated to providing you with the best possible service and our priority is to ensure you enjoy your subscription no matter what. However we understand that Coronavirus will have already affected delivery for some of our overseas subscribers.
For those of you affected, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, even with our best endeavours this is unfortunately out of our control. However, we would like to offer you access to our digital edition so you can continue to enjoy your subscription and we’re working on a way to provide you with access as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, the editorial team will also continue working to bring you all the latest in the world of the strange and supernatural. Don’t forget that beyond your magazine subscription we also have our Facebook page and Twitter profile where you can join in the conversation.
This is not an easy time for anyone. As the situation continues to evolve we have already taken steps to protect our staff and their families by closing our London offices earlier in the week. All our teams are now successfully working remotely. As a company we adopted a flexible working approach a few years ago, so everyone is used to this way of working, we have the technology needed and we are confident we can continue to deliver you a high quality product and service at this time.
For the most up to date information on how your magazine delivery and our service might be impacted by Covid-19, please check our dedicated webpage which we’re updating regularly.
We are still available to answer any questions, so please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0330 333 9490 or email us at [email protected]. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 7.00pm, Saturday 10.00am to 3.00pm and closed Sundays.
Best wishes,
Nicola Bates, Chief Brand Officer

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Got this by email this morning:

Dear Subscriber,
We are dedicated to providing you with the best possible service and our priority is to ensure you enjoy your subscription no matter what. However we understand that Coronavirus will have already affected delivery for some of our overseas subscribers.
For those of you affected, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, even with our best endeavours this is unfortunately out of our control. However, we would like to offer you access to our digital edition so you can continue to enjoy your subscription and we’re working on a way to provide you with access as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, the editorial team will also continue working to bring you all the latest in the world of the strange and supernatural. Don’t forget that beyond your magazine subscription we also have our Facebook page and Twitter profile where you can join in the conversation.
This is not an easy time for anyone. As the situation continues to evolve we have already taken steps to protect our staff and their families by closing our London offices earlier in the week. All our teams are now successfully working remotely. As a company we adopted a flexible working approach a few years ago, so everyone is used to this way of working, we have the technology needed and we are confident we can continue to deliver you a high quality product and service at this time.
For the most up to date information on how your magazine delivery and our service might be impacted by Covid-19, please check our dedicated webpage which we’re updating regularly.
We are still available to answer any questions, so please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0330 333 9490 or email us at [email protected]. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 7.00pm, Saturday 10.00am to 3.00pm and closed Sundays.
Best wishes,
Nicola Bates, Chief Brand Officer
Got this message as well. As long as I have more than ten years of FT back issues to read, I don't mind if the current issue is delayed a bit...

AgProv

Master of Uncertainty and Doubt
May I ask - I've been searching for 391 but all the outlests that aren't actually closed don't have it. frustrating. Is there a way, for instance, of buying this one copy outright online (as opposed to taking out a full sub?)