• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT Digital Archive

oXo

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hello everyone,
Has a digital archive of all FTs (or thereabouts) ever been made available? Am I imagining it or did annual archives exist for a time?
I have several years' worth of printed copies packed in boxes around the house, you see...

I seem to recall CD-Roms of back issues, though I never got any of them. Trouble with a digital archive is the software could become obsolete in a way paper doesn't.

There were CD Roms of back issues and yes using them has got harder :) I haven't actually tried with my most recent OS but I'm not optimistic.

I only have a double-cd-rom set from the series, which largely overlaps the physical issues I already had.

IIRC, the files were in PDF format and opened without problem on my Mac Mini. I doubt if Windows users will have any problems (more than usual, that is!) :p

edit: "overlaps with" zapped.

Hi. I'm after a copy of issue 276 for my son. any ideas where I can get hold of a cd rom?

I'm wondering if there is any plan to get back issues of Fort online? My house is groaning with them and I would be keen to bin them. Most are too tatty to give away.

I'm wondering if there is any plan to get back issues of Fort online? My house is groaning with them and I would be keen to bin them. Most are too tatty to give away.

Don't throw them away without checking!

Some archive/library might be happy to accept and bind them.

I remember a few months back a request for volunteers to scan all available copies. It seems moves are afoot to digitalise all surviving issues.

I remember a few months back a request for volunteers to scan all available copies. It seems moves are afoot to digitalise all surviving issues.

Yes, I remember that too. I've noticed a lack of any update since then (seems like months and months ago now) and can't see any sort of announcement / wip update for it here on the forums either.

I've tried contacting via Twitter too about this asking for an update, but no reply.

Anyone got any news regarding this project?

Regards

James

Yes. Some news on this would be good. Haven't got room for my back issues.

I'd love to see every issue made available as a digitised collection of PDFs. I never throw away back issues, I'm a book hoarder I think. I like to have a a fortean archive of books and FTs, it's great to have access to all those years of letters and stories. I wish I had got my subscription much earlier than I did really. I would at least like to have all the early issues in digital format, like the FTs that are harder to find second hand to buy on eBay and online.

It was in FT315:02 (June 2014) that the digitising effort was announced, I've heard nothing since. But... this is a little off topic, but if you have a large paper collection of back issues the next best thing would be a digital index so you can at least find articles on topics you're interested in... and I've finally got my Features, Forums and Sidelines (Version 1) ready for sale:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/201597829746?

OK, it's not definitive but way better than nothing! Issues 67 to 339 on CD in a searchable PDF format, over a year's work has gone into it, a snip at £8.99, including postage. And, for buyers of one of the limited number available of this first version, a free update for letting me know of any potential refinements spotted. And if you don't want the CD I can send an electronic copy via email for a reduced price, ping me, nickvale at bettertest dot co dot uk for details
All feedback welcome - thanks!

It was in FT315:02 (June 2014) that the digitising effort was announced, I've heard nothing since. But... this is a little off topic, but if you have a large paper collection of back issues the next best thing would be a...!

NIck do you have digitalized Fortean Times, no. 102 (September 1997)?? I am interested n have a copy of the article
“On the Trail of the Curupira” How can I contact you?

NIck do you have digitalized Fortean Times, no. 102 (September 1997)?? I am interested n have a copy of the article
“On the Trail of the Curupira” How can I contact you?

I would love to see a copy of that article as well. Anyone have the text?

Back