FT Mag Response Times

AnonyJoolz

Captainess Sensible
Reaction score
Really a question for staff/contributors to FT!

What kind of response time is usual for submitted articles?

I submitted an article at the beginning of May, by email to the address indicated [ [email protected] ] but as yet have received no acknowledgement, reply, rejection or anything.

I am wondering if @gordonrutter @stu neville @Dr_David_Sutton might be able to help me out on this?

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
Really a question for staff/contributors to FT!

What kind of response time is usual for submitted articles?

I submitted an article at the beginning of May, by email to the address indicated [ [email protected] ] but as yet have received no acknowledgement, reply, rejection or anything.

I am wondering if @gordonrutter @stu neville @Dr_David_Sutton might be able to help me out on this?
Was it a complete article or a proposal? I would email again, mentioing you had sent it and asking David if he had had a chance to look over it. FT is pretty much David and he has a lot to do with producing the magazine but he will have had a lot on his plate dealing with all aspects of lockdown around then as well.

AnonyJoolz

Captainess Sensible
Reaction score
Was it a complete article or a proposal? I would email again, mentioing you had sent it and asking David if he had had a chance to look over it. FT is pretty much David and he has a lot to do with producing the magazine but he will have had a lot on his plate dealing with all aspects of lockdown around then as well.
Thanks for replying! It was the complete article. I did email again a few weeks ago to Dr S asking if he'd received it but heard nothing back. My emails may well have dropped into the spam abyss, I think I might have to print it off and post it, the old fashioned way.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply - as Gordon said drop him a gentle reminder first: even when he's specifically commissioned articles it can be a longish while before he gets back to you.

Dr_David_Sutton

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Update: Sorry, AnonyJoolz, I will get back to you!! It's been one of those months so far...