• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT On YouTube

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Wondered if some might not realise, just how much 'Fortean Times' & general Fortean related material is now available on YouTube.

Simply search for, 'Fortean' - there's enough to keep oneself engaged for weeks!

Nice example from 1997... so, 22 years ago... that's the bedtime 'reading' taken care of for a while!

Wondered if some might not realise, just how much 'Fortean Times' & general Fortean related material is now available on YouTube.

Simply search for, 'Fortean' - there's enough to keep oneself engaged for weeks!

Nice example from 1997... so, 22 years ago... that's the bedtime 'reading' taken care of for a while!

Nice one .. cheers :)

After spending the last year or so mainly at home and watching more items on youtube I realised just recently that we don't appear to have a dedicated FTMB 'video sharing' area.
A lot of threads have bits of film or links added as appropriate, but I think we could have a FTMB thread for content deliberately created essentially for our own enjoyment.
As far as I can tell we don't appear to have any sort of 'User generated FTMB films' but I would be happy to begin such an endeavour with some visits to places of interest in the UK and have someone film me and my commentary along the way, probably in a similar manner to the 'Tales from the Tube' by Jago Hazzard, or the stuff by Tom Scott. Sort of drily amusing yet informative and entertaining.
Of course this would have to be someone with at least some familiarity with producing short youtube-able films as I haven't got a clue.
I'm thinking of items between 3 and 8 minutes long.
With possible destinations such as;
The Romney Hythe and Dymchurch railway and surrounding areas.
Cheddar Gorge.
Kents Caverns.
Scotts Grotto.
Kelvedon Hatch.

And/or sites of lesser known Fortean interest.

Hopefully with short 'cameos' by FTMB regulars every now and then.
I can imagine, for example, a visit to Cromer including a section of 'Swifty recommends' things.
Or "A short cycle with Scargy around some Scary Sites".

And no money involved. It would be all at our own expense.
And you never know, it might become something popular and 'monetised'.

FTMB thread for content deliberately created essentially for our own enjoyment.

Ooerr, missus....

I'm trying to wean myself away from Netflix and more into the YouTube direction. So all suggestions of suitable channels (or programmes or whatever you call them over there) gratefully received. And it would be wonderful to have an FTMB-type channel!

That's what I thought you meant, lol.
Very interesting stuff. If I'm ever north of the border I might fancy a rummage through your collection. How much are tickets?

That's what I thought you meant, lol.
Very interesting stuff. If I'm ever north of the border I might fancy a rummage through your collection. How much are tickets?
Expensive but we’ll see what can be done :)

I think the last person who came to see it who wasn’t already a friend is now a millionaire. Coincidence?

FTMB thread for content deliberately created essentially for our own enjoyment.

I see. We're calling it a 'cabinet of curiosities' now, are we?

Back