• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I thought the Jenny Randles article had an odd slant. Why a time-slip* instead of electrical effects on the brain? like maybe an earthlight at ground level?

that's almost exactly what i was thinking. some of the effects she described sound like TLE seizure activity in the brain, and there's a strong correlation between that and intense EM activity, and between EM activity and earthlights.

i'm not sure where the mist and the lightening strike theory (which does explain a few bits) come into that? Or maybe they've encountered ball lightening, are some other atypical electrical activity?

Probably too late for anyone to respond to, but the comment about the Aldeburgh platform raised the memory of a very interesting experience I had a few years ago. My wife used to work as a live-in carer-housekeeper, away for a week at a time, and she was given a placement at Aldeburgh. I said, how interesting. There was a UFO sighting there in WWI which was reported in the Daily Mirror by the witness's son. I wrote to him and eventually got a lot of info about the case. One theory that was put forward was that the object had been the observation gondola of an airship (German, not alien) and I got that one squashed when the aviation historian Charles Gibbs-Smith assured me that (1) the design was all wrong, (2) the cable supporting it would have been visible, and (3) the witness would have been deafened by the noisy Zepp engine. Eventually I lent the report to the Merseyside UFO people, and years later realised that I had never got it back, and had now lost the relevant contact details.

So, I said, when you go there maybe you could take some photos for me. But when my wife asked where, I realised that the map drawn for me by the lady's son had also gone and he and his mum were probably long departed.
Going into town to one of my jobs, something made me pause at WHSmith and go in -- something I rarely did. Inside I found the FT issue with "Rocketmen from the Future" on the front. I flipped through it and then came face to face with the very map that I wanted...

And no, Aldeburgh had hardly changed since WWI, and my wife got several nice pics of the witness's location and the area where the platform was seen.

Back