• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

original_fLeebLe

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
psychic in the whitehouse

jeane dixon, the woman who predicted jfk's assassination
monsters on land and water, sea serpent sightings and yeti footprints
hell hounds of the trenches, the devil dog with a madman's brain!
truman show delusion, when life becomes reality tv

Got mine today. Just the thing for a horrible, dull, wet. cold Saturday.

Mine's plopped through the letterbox too. Miserable day so time to read it.

The new issue also includes: -

Cat with four ears!
Pig in wellies!
Swans on a boat! (The sequel to Snakes On a Plane, perhaps?)

Hang on, I still haven't got 242. It's probably sitting in my post box at home.

Dammit!

Alas, not in the shops yet, well not any near me. But I did get an unexpected treat! 'It Happened to Me'! In book(let) form. And rather reassuringly, it's 'Volume 1' which promises lots of handy-sized scarces for the future.

Sorry if this is old news to you all, but I didn't know this was being published and it more than made up for the mag not being out yet.

Liked the Dixon article considering it didn't have much space to cover a big story, especially the way it pointed out she predicted the untimely demise of all the Democrat leaders, not only JFK! I suppose if you throw enough of it, some of it is bound to stick...

IHTM (honest) book advertised in mag.

pleased they put the horse with its head stuck in a tree photo!

Mal_Adjusted said:

So you like to see animals in distress?

ALF will be informed.

Be afraid...

ramonmercado said:
Mal_Adjusted said:

ALF will be informed.

Be afraid...

I also liked the photo of the horse with its head stuck in a tree (only because it was freed and still alive! Better a horses head in a tree than in your bed!

I loved the mummies but I was left confused by the descriptions.

There was a clear reference to the picture top left but nothing to tell me about the other too. I can only assume they were the ones talked about in the information for the first one.

The mummy on the bottom left was so striking I would have loved to hear more about it.

Pre-Incan ummies

liveinabin1 said:
I loved the mummies but I was left confused by the descriptions.

There was a clear reference to the picture top left but nothing to tell me about the other too. I can only assume they were the ones talked about in the information for the first one.

The mummy on the bottom left was so striking I would have loved to hear more about it.

First para: "The mummy shown at left"

Second para: "... two of which are shown below"

Two separate stories

47Forteans said:
ramonmercado said:
Mal_Adjusted said:

ALF will be informed.

Be afraid...

I also liked the photo of the horse with its head stuck in a tree (only because it was freed and still alive! Better a horses head in a tree than in your bed!

I still haven't received my copy in the mail yet, although I have seen the above article in the press.

47Forteans said:
47Forteans said:
ramonmercado said:
Mal_Adjusted said:

ALF will be informed.

Be afraid...

I still haven't received my copy in the mail yet, although I have seen the above article in the press.

Your copy was probably eaten by a horse.

Really liked the Forum article on the beanie babies and how they demonstrate the current recession. I almost understand it now!

gncxx said:
Really liked the Forum article on the beanie babies and how they demonstrate the current recession. I almost understand it now!
That was actually quite informative. I also enjoyed Theo Paijman's article on the killer, 'Hell Hound,' with a human brain, roaming the trenches during WWI.

I'd never read that one before. :shock:

Another strong issue, I thought. Haven't finishing reading it yet, though. :)

ramonmercado said:
47Forteans said:
47Forteans said:
ramonmercado said:
Mal_Adjusted said:

ALF will be informed.

Be afraid...

Strange - it is normally eaten by a feral neighbour!

I do not like the drawing on p.29. It is a representation of the discovery of the death of Andrew Lee of Doncaster, complete with comedy 'dead eyes' and flames and noxious smoke pouring from his gaping mouth.

Didn't we have a discussion a while ago about mocking named deceased individuals in this way? The result seemed to be a promise not to do it in future.

If I were a paranoid person I'd believe that this was aimed at me, to see if I'll complain. In reality it's just crass. Subscription cancelled.

47Forteans said:
ramonmercado said:
47Forteans said:
47Forteans said:
ramonmercado said:
Mal_Adjusted said:

ALF will be informed.

Be afraid...

Strange - it is normally eaten by a feral neighbour!

My copy arrived yesterday. Yippee! Starts dancing and sings "The Hedgehog Song"!

escargot1 said:
I do not like the drawing on p.29. It is a representation of the discovery of the death of Andrew Lee of Doncaster, complete with comedy 'dead eyes' and flames and noxious smoke pouring from his gaping mouth.

Didn't we have a discussion a while ago about mocking named deceased individuals in this way? The result seemed to be a promise not to do it in future.

If I were a paranoid person I'd believe that this was aimed at me, to see if I'll complain. In reality it's just crass. Subscription cancelled.

You'd cancel your subscription because of the picture in Strange Deaths? They have always had a depiction of one of the stories in this column...

You'd cancel your subscription because of the picture in Strange Deaths? They have always had a depiction of one of the stories in this column...

In reply to someone who's never going to read it -

There had already been a discussion about cartoons depicting the deaths of named people in the magazine. It was disrespectful. We were told it wouldn't happen again.

Back