• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT269

Enjoyed the Gef article. Great fun, reinforced my belief that the whole thing was a local joke on the visitors. :lol:

CarlosTheDJ said:
I wonder if they purr is for our benefit? Or do big cats purr too?

It's called 'chuffing', or 'prusten'.

James_H2 said:
CarlosTheDJ said:
I wonder if they purr is for our benefit? Or do big cats purr too?

It's called 'chuffing', or 'prusten'.

Really? Chuffing hell.

PS Good to see ya mate where you been hiding?

Just finished reading FT. A very good issue, took me twice the time I usually finish reading an FT. The Gef article was an excellent read, and I like the illustrations, many of which were new to me. Looking forward to part 2 of the abduction case of the British policeman.

In regards to our little friend Gef, here's my two cents worth of contribution, posted almost a year ago: http://blogs.forteana.org/node/96

A short remark as to the letter writer on Steiner's diary in the letters section of this FT - and in the next paragraph he himself assesses it as an unbelievable tale - Steiner died in 1925, so he could not possibly have written about any dark and secret Third Reich archaeological expoits.

regards,

Theo

For the second month running, my copy has arrived a week later than usual, with white tape over the return address - does anyone (overseas subscriber or UK subscriber) have this happen to them, or is it just me?

Quite liked the Moustache article...

I usually get a blank white address label over the return address.

Actually, I'm not sure I've got it yet. Can't find it in my pile of unread magazines.

I guess I didn't have it, as it turned up this afternoon. Now I just have to finish 268. And all the other stuff I have to read.

Anome_ said:
I guess I didn't have it, as it turned up this afternoon. Now I just have to finish 268. And all the other stuff I have to read.

you should get a private secretary to keep your papers in order.

DougalLongfoot said:
I get the white tape on mine too.

Is there a reason why this has just started? Is it just overseas subscribers, or everyone who subscribes? I would like my copy as soon as possible, rather than one week before the next issue is due...

That's why I'm planning of switching to the Zinio version when I get an iPad. (Reading it on the computer isn't as convenient.) That, and the increasing pile of papers I have to go through.

As for the private secretary, I am taking applications, but the working conditions would pretty much suck. As would the pay.

I'd rather read an actual magazine than something off the internet device! There's something real about the magazine that a computer can't replicate. Besides, having old copies about the place makes it easy to read something thought provoking (and adds to the air of eccentricity one likes to cultivate!)

Anome_ said:
I am taking applications, but the working conditions would pretty much suck.

As Clinton said to Lewinsky..... ;)

Hopefully, the Fortean Times is one of those magazines with the sort of readership that still values the real, printed paper, hardcopy, experience, as opposed to the virtual one. :?

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Hopefully, the Fortean Times is one of those magazines with the sort of readership that still values the real, printed paper, hardcopy, experience, as opposed to the virtual one. :?

I agree, one simply cannot retire to the 'throne-room' for some quality reading with a laptop or I-Pad, it just doesn't seem right.

May FT remain a hardcopy magazine forever, as not everyone is Wired For Forteana (as Cliff Richard almost said!)

Hello again, I'm doing some work on Gef (as well as other things) and have the Josiffe article, but I'm wanting to cite it properly, and need to know the page ranges of the article as it appeared in FT 269. If anyone could help out I would be much appreciative and/or may send you something to read as a thank you!

Hello again, I'm doing some work on Gef (as well as other things) and have the Josiffe article, but I'm wanting to cite it properly, and need to know the page ranges of the article as it appeared in FT 269. If anyone could help out I would be much appreciative and/or may send you something to read as a thank you!
I've still got that article. It ran from page 32 to page 40.

Reactions: 840
Back