• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT274

Got mine last night. And promptly left it at home.

What i really want to know is.. did the boy Jones ever catch Vicky having a poo?

To be honest, this seems like the most desperate issue yet as far as content is concerned - albeit with slightly less Nazism which hopefully will vanish by the next issue. The reprint of Victoriamelodrama, Dog-Faced kids, a sighting of bin liners on Weirdwater in the Lake District and an even more unreadable column than usual from Barry Baldwin's Classical Corner (see FT 250, 123, 254, 767, Number of the Beast edition 666 ,121 and Ryvita packaging circa 1979 with a knowing wink to Lea & Perrin's History of the Shagnamimous ((Beardy Press- Tontabulation Edition - 1963)) )is making me wonder whether to buy subsequent issues or to get it all here, quicker, frankly.

47Forteans said:
Having finished the last of 273, I am keen for 274 to arrive!

Having posted the above whislt at work, I arrived home yesterday to find 274 sitting in my letter box waiting for me to read it...

Maybe I'm missing something...but why does Otto Rahn's death certificate pretty clearly say Willy Goetz on it? One of the sketches was also signed W. Goetz...

Alytha1 said:
Maybe I'm missing something...but why does Otto Rahn's death certificate pretty clearly say Willy Goetz on it? One of the sketches was also signed W. Goetz...

Hmmm, there was a rumour that Hitlers penis had been bitten off by a goat whilst he was urinating in field.

ramonmercado said:
Alytha1 said:

Hmmm, there was a rumour that Hitlers penis had been bitten off by a goat whilst he was urinating in field.

Sounds like someone was trying to kid you with that rumour...

47Forteans said:
ramonmercado said:
Alytha1 said:

Who asked you to butt in?

ramonmercado said:
47Forteans said:
ramonmercado said:
Alytha1 said:

Who asked you to butt in?

That question is part of the Nanny State!

When you're done with the goat jokes, would you mind answering the question? :p

Also, I don't remember if FT is into April Fools pranks, but what was up with that terrible squid "photo"?

Don't take the goat jokes as an attempt to fleece you... :lol:

You lot are lucky you cant get banned for bad jokes and puns! ;)

This thread has gone to Billy-oh (says me stroking my goatee, milking it for all it's worth...)

Ramon and 47 have both been banned for 4 months for very, very, VERY bad puns. :) (Those puns where very very baaaaad)

Does that mean somebody's actually going to answer my questions now? ;)

Where's the question?

Feckin goats will eat anything :roll:

ramonmercado said:
Alytha1 said:

I don't think I've heard the goat/penis rumour, but the one about Hitler only having one testicle is accurate, having being shot in that general area whislt serving in WW1...

Unfortunately, I suspect most of these rumours about the contents of leading N@zis' trouser areas may actually have been crude, but obviously effective, wartime propaganda. Even though there is a reputed Russian autopsy report which claims that he only had one, there's no doubt that his SS guards did an efficient job of cremating his remains with petrol, before the Russians got to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler's_possible_monorchism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_Has_Only_Got_One_Ball
http://youtu.be/Fvc40h4dbd4

*sigh* :p

Ok, once again without goats:

1) Why does the death certificate of Otto Rahn have a completely different name on it?

2) What's up with the horribly fake looking flying squid picture?

Cheers ;)

Really sorry Alytha,i think i have chucked my copy into the recycling,i would help you figure it out if i still had it,with no acting the goat.

OOOO! how on earth could a goat eat your penis? you are hardly likely to stand in a field and let a goat get a good munch on it are you?..well hitler was not your normal person i suppose... :)

Do you mean the toe tag thingy? I can't find a death cert. Fecking goats'll eat....

Sorry, the writing is too small for my feeble eyes to focus on, but it does look like a scribbled RANH, with a flourish, to me, on the top row, but nothing else seems to resemble his name.

As for the flying squid, it looks to me that the pic could have been taken from a distance, and then blown up, making the background less than wave like. Then again, did I mention my feeble eyes?

Back