• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT284

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Latest FT has arrived

Scared to Death by David Clarke (so to speak)
The Subs of Loch Ness
They Came From Hollywood
UnCon review
Double Standards on Sally Morgan and the proof she was faking

And usual stuff

Gordon

Got mine today, a nice Christmas present. Well, I paid for it but you know what I mean. I take it back about the Hollywood article showing great restraint in not mentioning Thr** M*n *nd * B*by, there it was this issue, turns up like a bad penny, that story!

Most of the letters pages appear to be IHTM, and the actual IHTM is bumper sized too, but I did like the one about the jumping people, I hope it prompts further examples.

That's as far as I've got at the moment.

Having only just received 283 this week (why must it always turn up late in Australia?), i eagerly await this new issue!

Rob Gandy's article on Transient Global Amnesia was very interesting and timely as I seem to have had a similar experience in a chat room a few weeks ago.

One minute typing away, then things got a bit disconnected and then blank - eventually I found myself looking at the chat feed thinking i should really got myself out of the room, so i bade people farewell and left.

next few days i had recurring blanknesses (but nothing with loss of memory, rather fugue states) until things righted themselves.

still have no idea what happened during the blank spell - for some reason nobody seems keen to tell me . at the time nobody seems to have noticed a problem anyway which fits the TGA diagnosis. (I had previously thought it was a depersonalisation episode - the two phenomena have similar properties.)

wasn't a case of dozing off as i would have overbalanced and ended up on the floor or sofa, instead i was still in the sitting position.

I was particularly interested in the Scared to Death article, as I live very near Campo Lane. In fact, I went to the very nice sushi restaurant that is currently on the site. In fact, there was quite a few Sheffield based articles in this months edition!

I wasn't too impressed with the Alex FC article, was it just a plug for a museum?

I think that article was from issue 283, not 284, and it was a plug, to my mind anyway...

Having received my copy yesterday, I quite enjoyed the "Curse Of Mars" and Uncon articles! Shame the Uncon article wasn't longer, as it has been in previous years.

This was a good issue, I enjoyed it all... except for the IHTM's, I wasn't best pleased to see that they were both lifted straight from the latest IHTM book, which hasn't been out for all that long. Other than that quibble I was thoroughly entertained.

I was impressed with the blue lobster picture. Dunno what that says about me...

Did anyone else think that the "alien" picture looked a bit like Jabba The Hut?

47Forteans said:
Having only just received 283 this week (why must it always turn up late in Australia?), i eagerly await this new issue!

Well they did promise to "stop the boats"

Steve1 said:
47Forteans said:

Well they did promise to "stop the boats"

If stopping the boats means a delayed arrival of Fortean Times, I am not voting for them!

Back